Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can non-status CE use Galleries First in T5?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Centurion, VS Gold, EK Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Jumeirah Gold

Recently booked CE return tickets as 2 x one ways from LHR. Printed the itinerary from MMB and the bit about a lounge access says to use Galleries First at T5. Is that correct?

I think CE can use the Galleries First/Business lounge at 5B....but can it mean that?

Any answers greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

With a business class ticket, you will be able to use the business class lounges, but not the 1st class ones
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Likely a glitch. You will be able to access fast track security and the three business lounges only
crazy8534 and orbitmic like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:37 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
BA IT at its best As others have said, you can use the Galleries Club lounges (North, South and B gates).
SxMan and Markie like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:05 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, EK Silver, Hilton Diamond, Miles and More
According to their profile the OP is CX Diamond and would be able to access Galleries First based on that. Maybe that is the explanation, if they entered their FF number?
Genius1 and the810 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:32 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
As a data point I dropped from Gold to Silver end of November last year. I recently booked a WTP return to Doha for later this month. And I also are getting the First Lounge awaits me. So it could be a software glitch for the OP.

John
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this has been a sporadic glitch for years.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I think this has been a sporadic glitch for years.
yes it has been, indeed we’ve seen people travelling invited to the CCR when they didn’t have eligibility and even some trying to enter anyway knowing they weren’t eligible
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:27 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
The question has already been answered, but want to add a (non-LHR) data point:
On my MMB for my next BA flight (BA465 MAD-LHR in Y), it points out the correct IB lounge in Madrid, but adds the following disclaimer: "The above lounge eligibility assumes either Executive Club Gold or Silver tier membership." (I'm OWS with IB so I have it anyway) – it makes me question why this disclaimer, or a version of it, isn't routinely added to all lounge mentions in MMB, regardless of class of travel, especially if mentioning a lounge for a higher class/status.

Last edited by chacor; Apr 2, 2024 at 1:35 am
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by chacor
The question has already been answered, but want to add a (non-LHR) data point:
On my MMB for my next BA flight (BA465 MAD-LHR in Y), it points out the correct IB lounge in Madrid, but adds the following disclaimer: "The above lounge eligibility assumes either Executive Club Gold or Silver tier membership." (I'm OWS with IB so I have it anyway) – it makes me question why this disclaimer, or a version of it, isn't routinely added to all lounge mentions in MMB, regardless of class of travel, especially if mentioning a lounge for a higher class/status.
I may have misunderstood your comment but if a customer has brought a business or first class ticket, the disclaimer may confuse people in thinking they need gold or silver to access the lounge even though they have brought a J or F fare.

I think in BAs IT they may as well just remove the criteria in MMB as it’s clearly not accurately linked & displayed for the relevant booking or status or non-status. I’m guessing at some point over the years of development of BAs IT someone came up with the idea of linking booking fares to displaying associated benefits but the implementation was/is poor and/or not thoroughly tested. One test case is a customer booking a ticket in Y and not linking their BAEC number, therefore the booking will not display any of their benefits whether bronze, silver or gold, even if it just a matter of displaying lounge access.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
My mum (blue, traveling in Euro Traveller) had the Galleries First details on a booking last month - so it seems to be fairly unwell.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And suffice to say that the lounges do have advertised conditions of entry, so just because MMB or ba.com has some sort of error on it, it doesn't mean you can or should get through the relevant hallowed portals.
orbitmic and crazy8534 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And suffice to say that the lounges do have advertised conditions of entry, so just because MMB or ba.com has some sort of error on it, it doesn't mean you can or should get through the relevant hallowed portals.
Completely agree but BA aren't helping themselves with all these silly glitches and errors. There was a bit of a "DYKWIA" moment at Galleries First entrance last week when a man and his wife were refused entry but showed their email that explicitly said they could access Galleries First (they had no status but were flying CE). He said they'd "been looking forward to it for months" and it was "faulty advertising". The lounge attendant (rightfully) directed them to the business lounge but they actually had a point IMHO.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:55 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I may have misunderstood your comment but if a customer has brought a business or first class ticket, the disclaimer may confuse people in thinking they need gold or silver to access the lounge even though they have brought a J or F fare.
Certainly. But that doesn't stop a disclaimer along the lines of "You must be booked in the appropriate class of travel or hold the appropriate status to access this lounge", even if ticketed in J/F. At the very least, such a disclaimer would be enough to point out to the DYKWIAs like the sort mentioned in the post above this one.
TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I disagree. BA needs to get its act together. It should not be sending incorrect information to any pax. If it does, it should honour what it sends.
willoL and JessicaB like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.