Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Family redemption needs changing + new companion voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hhonours Diamond

I'm looking for some advice please on how to navigate this scenario. As a family of five, we're going to ISB in the summer. Our outbound date is the same, but due to different return dates I created two separate redemptions/PNRs as follows

PNR 1: OP (Adult 1), Adult 2, Child 1. This booking contains a (2023) BA Amex economy companion voucher and was booked as 85,000 Avios + £750
PNR 2: Adult 3, Child 2. This was booked as 66,000 Avios + £790

Now, Child 2 has changed his mind and wants to return with me. BAEC call centre advised this would be a change fee of £35 or £50 (fine), would need to split the booking up and a new booking generated for Child 2 which would be linked to PNR1, subject to Avios availability on for that return date (fine). Q1 Does this sound correct and any anomalies here?

They were unable to advise what impact this would have to the Avios+Cash and would have to wait for back office to deal with it. Q2: Can anyone estimate this better than me?

I also now have triggered a (2024) BA Amex economy companion voucher. Q3: As child 2 joins our booking, is it possible to use this companion voucher?

Thanks for any advice or insight
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:46 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Q1. Yes, that sounds right. As a result, you will now have 3 distinct PNRs. PNR1=Adult1, Adult2, Child1, PNR2=Adult3, PNR3=Child2. PNR3 will necessarily be linked to PNR1, but as I understand it remains separate.

Q2. Sorry, don't know

Q3. I don't think there is any way to benefit from it. From what I understand, Child 2 is not on your booking even after the change - you can't add people to bookings after the fact - instead they are on their own, separate booking which is linked to yours (Aside: This is how they handle adults and children travelling in different classes, since you can't mix classes on the same booking). As such there remains 3 people on your PNR1, and there is no way to deploy a second voucher to your benefit.

Wiser heads may know more or correct any of the above, but that's how I understand it.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:06 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Wiser head on.... Tell child 2 to stay on the same flight or they can't go.

Problem solved, you are welcome...
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Silver, Hhonours Diamond
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Q1. Yes, that sounds right. As a result, you will now have 3 distinct PNRs. PNR1=Adult1, Adult2, Child1, PNR2=Adult3, PNR3=Child2. PNR3 will necessarily be linked to PNR1, but as I understand it remains separate.

Q2. Sorry, don't know

Q3. I don't think there is any way to benefit from it. From what I understand, Child 2 is not on your booking even after the change - you can't add people to bookings after the fact - instead they are on their own, separate booking which is linked to yours (Aside: This is how they handle adults and children travelling in different classes, since you can't mix classes on the same booking). As such there remains 3 people on your PNR1, and there is no way to deploy a second voucher to your benefit.

Wiser heads may know more or correct any of the above, but that's how I understand it.
This makes sense about the 3rd PNR and not being able to use the voucher, thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.