Wiki Posts
Search

Catering. Argentina eze to lhr

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Catering. Argentina eze to lhr

Does anyone know the meal services on Buenos Aires to LHR ( which has a technical stop in Rio )?

The reason for asking is I have just come off the Iberia Madrid / BA and whilst the plane and crew were great the catering was a meal post take off and then noting for 10 hours with a snack pre landing.

They have their dine on demand ( club kitchen ) which ran out of sandwiches early on and was then devoid of anything. A lot of hungry people in business.

If ba do the same on the way back I will stock up with a sandwich which seems a ludicrous thing to consider on a business class flight but 10 hours without food is not something I am used to ! The ba flight including the stop over in Rio is 15:45 which to my mind should have full lunch , full dinner and breakfast. If only ...
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:56 pm

BA offer a light meal EZE-GIG - the flight is a shade under 3hrs. Think something along the lines of a panini with a dollop of something in a ramequin along with desert, tea and coffee

After 90mins or so on the ground at GIG you'll be served with a full dinner service after take off then a hot breakfast service 90mins or so before landing into LHR.

Club kitchen really doesn't consist of anything substantial beyond packets of crisps, biscuits and chocolate so if you think you'll need something more substantial to supplement the on board offering with then you might want to pick something up at EZE before you board.

The flight is catered ex EZE for both sectors of the journey and isn't the best on the network if this recent
is anything to go by.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Mar 24, 2024 at 10:03 pm
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:25 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Covered here with photos

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36106828-post24.html
trolleymusic and HIDDY like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
Thank you both.

looks ok but the lunch offering quite meagre !

the food on ib was excellent - the only issue being the 10 hours between meals which on a day flight is odd and that when the final " meal " did arrive it was tasty but a snack.

The person directly behind me was most vocal and I assume others were also given all food ran out !

we arrived at our apartment at 11pm ( Iberia priory baggage seeming to be as good as BA club Europe !) and the person said checking us in well it is still early so you can now go out to dinner ! We have some adjustment to Latin eating times to do I think !
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.