Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I’m a security risk - BA quiz

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Assuming MAN was the worst (can't believe it's not) and zero knowledge of the breast milk rules dropped me down to a 7.
redpalmetto likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:29 pm

Having to remove liquids from bags seems very archaic to me.
BA or bust and cruser1 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Tim_T
which is why I got 8 out of 9
That one got me too. I think someone needs to look at how they're measuring queue length there.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BA or bust
You're not alone.
DaveS likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Having to remove liquids from bags seems very archaic to me.
Mrs RC has a score of getting 'forgotten' bottles of water through the scanners without detection 3 out of 5 times.

But if that quiz makes you feel better then go for it
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Never knew LHR has a 2 bag limit. Is it enforced?
BlueThroughCrimp likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 7:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
I managed to score 7 correct. I got the security queues question wrong and forgot which other I failed on but it didn't seem that important to me.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:39 pm

Well, I got a 6/9, which I reckon is pretty good, given that I always put every liquid or potential liquid into hold baggage, as well as anything remotely sharp, so I have no reason to think about liquid matters or, ahem, length. I’ve also never pondered breast milk, and went with what I thought the most compassionate answer (not sure if I was right or wrong).
Finally, I have never flown from Manchester or Birmingham, and only once from STN and that was with Ryanair about 15 years ago, and I was in such a panic for the only Ryanair flight in my nearly 50 years on this decidedly not yellow and blue earth, that I probably showed up four hours early and wouldn’t have given a thought about security queue timings. Also never saw anyone paying attention to how many bags I was putting through security, given that you have to unpack your bags and take off your clothes anyway, so by the time you’ve done it, almost impossible to know how many bags you actually have.

I can’t see which ones I got right and wrong, though… where are people seeing that part of the puzzle. I just see 6/9, which by the end of the examination was better than I thought I’d get!
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:01 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Never knew LHR has a 2 bag limit. Is it enforced?
It isn't enforced, this is the one I would have disputed. But it is definitely on the Heathrow website.
This page holds information that is suspiciously similar to the quiz contents
Hand baggage and liquids | Heathrow
AlwaysFlyStar and nancypants like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:21 am

Blimey!

I thought I would try again to see if I could work out which ones I had gotten wrong, based on commentary here. I dropped from 6/9 to 5/9! So much for learning from my FT peers here… (just kidding, I know we all mean well).

Well, I give up. I’m planning to go through LHR security in about ten days time, actively breastfeeding with the help of a 10 inch very pointy and sharp meat thermometer, liquids of all sorts all over the place, honey with live bees, six separate bags, ten kilos of Lithium Ion batteries and a computer that hasn’t lit up in decades that was given to me by a “friend” and complaining if it’s more than 30 seconds wait, and see where that gets me. All on a flight with a short turn back from Manchester.

What could possibly go wrong?
BA or bust, Greenpen and mnhusker like this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:35 am

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
I scored 6, but I was (un)lucky because I have personally experienced the queues at BHX... the situation there is beyond belief, they have staff patrolling the queue to find pax being called to gate, next time I use BHX I'll go to security 2 minutes before gate time and get whisked through (maybe!)
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:17 am

7 - which as it’s not my job I’m happy with , shows I have some awareness , but far from perfect and when travelling reminds me those imperfections might occasionally see me fall foul of security and to accept their advice / instruction with a modicum of good grace , however frustrating or embarrassing it might feel at the time - which whilst a bit of fun , I presume together with improving awareness is one of the aims of the quiz
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
7/9 - I misread one question (separate tray for liquids/electronics/don't remember) and thought MAN was the culprit, based on all threads on FT about it.
Beside... 1) what does that question have to do with security rules and 2) I'm not living in UK, how could I know about Which and Birmingham?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:11 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Managed 7 correct, I got the musical instrument question wrong and like a lot of others chose Manchester as the slowest security.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
6/9.

I got the question on how many carry ons Heathrow allows wrong, mostly because the policy seems to be ignored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.