Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1900 Tier Points in 5 Days

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:26 am
Original Poster

1900 Tier Points in 5 Days

Hello there, I'm looking to see if I can earn 1900 tier points in 5 days! The only way I can work it out at the moment is to take a BA Holiday to a city in the US and then 3 AA flights a day for that period. But I'm wodnering if there is an easier way!! Please help.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by Stevejh
Hello there, I'm looking to see if I can earn 1900 tier points in 5 days! The only way I can work it out at the moment is to take a BA Holiday to a city in the US and then 3 AA flights a day for that period. But I'm wodnering if there is an easier way!! Please help.
Welcome to Flyertalk. 1900 TPs sounds a bit of a tall order in my view. What have you found in terms of the BA Holiday so far and how many TPs does that generate and what routings with AA are you considering? What budget do you have to work with?
Markie and becks1 like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
What's the point?

What status are you now? How many tier points do you currently have?
etiene likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Costly.

Assuming BA Holiday tier points would even post successfully, a challenge.

Something like SOF or HEL in business then LHR-JFK-SFO in first return would earn 1000TP.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Where are you based? When are the 5 days - any 5 days, specifically starting on date x, or what?

As a new joiner to the forum you only get 5 posts in your first 24 hours, so use them wisely - best to reply to several posts at once.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Is this a once opportunity to reach first time GGL? I can't see another reason to consider this
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Money no object from the UK, then probably something like JER-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL return in F as a holiday. Would be more than 5 days though given the travel time.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
An easier, but expensive option would be:
Lhr to Cpt return with a 5 day hotel or car hire nested with;
Lhr to Sin return.

All flights in F.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the advice - it is a tall order! I need to do it from the 3rd to the 8th of April - I'm currently on 3100 TP so this would get me the next tier and lifetime gold. and also because of the change in collection year it would give me the same status next year - so quite a challenge but quite a prize. the only way I can see now is to fly somewhere like Minneapolis first class for 5 days and stay in a hotel on a BA holiday. Then take three AA flights a day for 60 TP each. They wouldn't be part of the 'holiday' as far as I can see but combined those would get me the points. I think that entire run would cost be £10-12k as far as I can see.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Money no object from the UK, then probably something like JER-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL return in F as a holiday. Would be more than 5 days though given the travel time.
For 1900 TPs you could change HNL for SFO and save OP 4 hours in a domestic first seat!
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:46 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
No idea why you might want to do this, but on the assumption that a) your budget is ‘generous’ and b) you can stay 5 nights then you could book a BA holiday to Hawaii. During your stay there, take a flight back to the US West Coast onto East Coast and return (also in F but could be J).

I make that 40+210+210+210 doubled = 1340. Plus the return trip from Hawaii to the East Coast and back in J = 140x4=560.
Grand total exactly 1900 points. Plus one happy but probably completely knackered OP!

PS Just to add… and a large hole in your wallet!
HIDDY, crazy8534 and SaltyPaprika like this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by BA or bust
No idea why you might want to do this, but on the assumption that a) your budget is ‘generous’ and b) you can stay 5 nights then you could book a BA holiday to Hawaii. During your stay there, take a flight back to the US West Coast onto East Coast and return (also in F but could be J).

I make that 40+210+210+210 doubled = 1340. Plus the return trip from Hawaii to the East Coast and back in J = 140x4=560.
Grand total exactly 1900 points. Plus one happy but probably completely knackered OP!

PS Just to add… and a large hole in your wallet!
Are there actually flights from the west coast to HNL with an F cabin? The TCONs go from JFK to SFO and LAX, and as far as I know you'd have to backtrack to DFW for proper F to Hawaii after that, if AA even market it as such anymore.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:57 am

Note to the OP you are restricted to 5 posts on your first day.
crazy8534 likes this.

Last edited by golfmad; Mar 21, 2024 at 11:34 am Reason: Removed reference to duplicate thread after tidy up
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
Are there actually flights from the west coast to HNL with an F cabin? The TCONs go from JFK to SFO and LAX, and as far as I know you'd have to backtrack to DFW for proper F to Hawaii after that, if AA even market it as such anymore.
Happy to be corrected by I think Alaska does?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Thank you for the advice - it is a tall order! I need to do it from the 3rd to the 8th of April - I'm currently on 3100 TP so this would get me the next tier and lifetime gold. and also because of the change in collection year it would give me the same status next year - so quite a challenge but quite a prize. the only way I can see now is to fly somewhere like Minneapolis first class for 5 days and stay in a hotel on a BA holiday. Then take three AA flights a day for 60 TP each. They wouldn't be part of the 'holiday' as far as I can see but combined those would get me the points. I think that entire run would cost be £10-12k as far as I can see.
Welcome to FT Stevejh.

What AA flights were you thinking to get you 60TP each?
Flights >2000 miles get you 140TP in business (e.g. LAS-JFK) short flights get 40TP (e.g. CLT-DFW).

If you can get something like JER-LHR-JFK-PHX in F for the TATL as a BA Holiday that would get you 1560TPs and you could hire and park a car for 5 nights and do some internal AA flights (9 short ones).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.