Wiki Posts
Search

Checked bag with long LHR connection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
Checked bag with long LHR connection

Next month I am flying to CDG with a 7 hour layover in LHR. Is it safe to check my bag with this lengthy connection? Is there a risk of the bag being misplaced? Arriving and departing Terminal 5. Thank you for any insight.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, it's safe, and perfectly normal up to 24 hours if on one booking. It's almost certainly safer in LHR than under your control. It is always possible for bags to not make connections, 7 hours is usually more likely to make it in my view, but as always make sure there is nothing in the bag that you absolutely need within 48 hours of arrival - house keys and the like. This would apply to any journey.
Lefly and bescobar like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Perfectly safe. The baggage system at T5 is computerised. Your bag will be sent to store and then retrieved for loading onto your subsequent flight.
bescobar likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by bescobar
Next month I am flying to CDG with a 7 hour layover in LHR. Is it safe to check my bag with this lengthy connection? Is there a risk of the bag being misplaced? Arriving and departing Terminal 5. Thank you for any insight.
Probably not any more or less likely to go missing than if it were a short lay over
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by Finland Station
The baggage system at T5 is computerised.
They don’t have BA’s IT experts, do they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.