Wiki Posts
Search

BA App anomaly on 2 different phones

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL For Life: Hilton Diamond: IHG Platinum
BA App anomaly on 2 different phones

Not sure whether this particular anomaly has been flagged previously in the long list of App “quirks” (to be kind) but thought I would mention it.

I divide my time between two different countries - Australia and the U.K - and I have two absolutely identical I Phones running exactly the same IOS and with the identical version of the BA App.

The Australian one is showing me having achieved Gold Guest List for life (which is correct).

The UK one is showing me having achieved Gold for Life.

Not the first time this has happened but just curious as to how this could be (other than the fact that the App is useless as we know ….)

There is every chance that when I next open the App the reverse might be true, or neither would show my correct status, or both would 😁

Perhaps the “super duper” App that was promised in the recent announcements will be a panacea.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Have you checked the version number of the app on both phones? While they may look identical there may be a small difference in the version that could cause this type if thing. Double check in the settings.

When you role out a new version of an iphone app, even small changes that do not affect the user interface, you tell apple how many phones can be updated. You usually start off at 1% for a few days and see if problems start to be reported, then increase it to 5% for a few days, then the same process maybe 10% 25% 50%and 100%

Another cause could be something cached on the phone that is not clearing or updating for some reason.

Uninstalling and re installing the app showing the incorrect info might resolve the issue.

Just a couple of ideas
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by travelswithmybriefcase
... and I have two absolutely identical I Phones running exactly the same IOS and with the identical version of the BA App.
Is there any reason why you're not using one iPhone with one physical SIM and one eSim? I have been using this approach for a couple of years now and only have one iPhone even though I split my time between the UK and the USA and use two different carriers.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Have you checked the version number of the app on both phones? While they may look identical there may be a small difference in the version that could cause this type if thing. Double check in the settings.

When you role out a new version of an iphone app, even small changes that do not affect the user interface, you tell apple how many phones can be updated. You usually start off at 1% for a few days and see if problems start to be reported, then increase it to 5% for a few days, then the same process maybe 10% 25% 50%and 100%

Another cause could be something cached on the phone that is not clearing or updating for some reason.

Uninstalling and re installing the app showing the incorrect info might resolve the issue.

Just a couple of ideas
Thanks for the advice.

I can confirm that both phones are using exactly the same version of the App.

I may try to uninstall and reinstall as you suggest but it is really just an anomaly that intrigues me rather than anything I am losing sleep over.

(Didn’t stop me posting on FT of course but that might apply to a few posts on the forum &#128512

Thanks again
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
Is there any reason why you're not using one iPhone with one physical SIM and one eSim? I have been using this approach for a couple of years now and only have one iPhone even though I split my time between the UK and the USA and use two different carriers.
That is something I have often thought about but not done as I was unsure about how it would work in practice.

If it is OK I might drop you a DM to pick your brains to avoid going off topic?
golfmad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.