Wiki Posts
Search

BA earlier flight

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, TK, UA, HH
BA earlier flight

I am booked in CE LHR-IST on 1640 flight, however if meetings end earlier/may cancel , can I turn up at LHR First Wing (BA Gold member) and ask them to put me on earlier flight to IST at 1055 on the same day without any penalties or fare difference? Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
If there’s availability you should be able to do it on the app. No charge as long as you do it on the day of the flight.

If it’s an Avios booking you can’t do it though.
ADNANALI likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
You could do a Free SDC on the app/website subject to availability & it being a cash ticket. Don't check in online.
ADNANALI likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Good thread here for all thing same day change here FAQ: Same Day Changes (SDC) and Free Change on the Day (FCOD) on BA tickets - Page 42 - FlyerTalk Forums
ADNANALI and orbitmic like this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Many thanks for helpful info.
My partner is booked in Economy on the same flight,will he be allowed SDC/FCOD?
Thanks
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:06 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by ADNANALI
Many thanks for helpful info.
My partner is booked in Economy on the same flight,will he be allowed SDC/FCOD?
Thanks
Yes if he’s booked on an Economy Plus fare.

No if he’s booked on a Hand Baggage Only fare.
ADNANALI and orbitmic like this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I did this for the first time on Monday coming back from BCN and it really is very straightforward. Takes a few seconds that's all and I managed to do it whilst walking from the door of the terminal to security.

It didn't show it in the app initially so I logged out and in again and all was good.
ADNANALI likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:07 am
Original Poster

He has booked a hand luggage only economy fare, so perhaps need to change to CE - there is a promotional offer on the booking. That will then allow to change to an earlier flight on the same day. Correct?
Many thanks for your helpful responses.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Changing an ET handbag only booking in advance to CE using the promotional offer, does not qualify for CE to be eligible for FCOD. Could anyone please confirm this? The BA agent I spoke was not sure. She suggested I should change the booking and try on the departure day to see if it allows for FCOD. Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2024, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by ADNANALI
Changing an ET handbag only booking in advance to CE using the promotional offer, does not qualify for CE to be eligible for FCOD. Could anyone please confirm this?
That’s correct. A promotional offer would not allow you to same day change.

If you did a standard fare difference upgrade instead, that in theory would but probably would not work online. And is likely to be more expensive anyway.
ADNANALI likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

If you did a standard fare difference upgrade instead, that in theory would .
i don’t believe it would actually. Afaik ticket change and cancellation confitions always remain as per the initial booking (for the amount of the original booking only if we are talking cancellation and refund). So in my understanding, even a regular fare difference change would not entail sdc (of course, on the day it’s possible a call to be would lead to the agent thinking it’s just a computer glitch and allowing it but I fully expect the website and app would not allow the free change)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.