Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Retrospectively applying 241 voucher / cancel and rebook

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

I have a booking for August for 3 people, using a single 241 voucher. The same flights are still available for 1 person. Is it possible to cancel one person from the existing booking and rebook for them, using a new 241 voucher I now have?

Many thanks in advance 👍
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:25 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Mater
I have a booking for August for 3 people, using a single 241 voucher. The same flights are still available for 1 person. Is it possible to cancel one person from the existing booking and rebook for them, using a new 241 voucher I now have?
Many thanks in advance 👍
Not sure I understand the situation or the question. You plus Friend A are on a 241. Friend B is not on the 241 of course, but all three of you are on the same PNR. Yes?

If so you are already on the first 241. You cannot use another 241 because you would also have to be on it (part of the strict 241 T’s&C’s). To be clear, you must be on a 241. Just because you ‘own’ two of them does not mean you can use them both (because the ‘241 owner’ must always be on it).

Hope that makes sense and answers your question, which (I THINK) is that you are trying to halve the Avios price for Friend B by using your other 241. Yes?
Mater likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Yes, thank you. Thought it worth a try to get some Avios back, but not to be 😂

Thank you

Originally Posted by BA or bust
Not sure I understand the situation or the question. You plus Friend A are on a 241. Friend B is not on the 241 of course, but all three of you are on the same PNR. Yes?

If so you are already on the first 241. You cannot use another 241 because you would also have to be on it (part of the strict 241 T’s&C’s). To be clear, you must be on a 241. Just because you ‘own’ two of them does not mean you can use them both (because the ‘241 owner’ must always be on it).

Hope that makes sense and answers your question, which (I THINK) is that you are trying to halve the Avios price for Friend B by using your other 241. Yes?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Mater
Yes, thank you. Thought it worth a try to get some Avios back, but not to be 😂

Thank you
You are welcome, we aim to please on this board.

PS Just to add that it is high risk to try and cancel a booking and expect the seats to return to the Avios inventory (and reappear instantly). A lot of the time (perhaps the great majority of the time) not only do they take time to reappear but probably never reappear, since BA can sell the seats for cold hard cash.
orbitmic and Mater like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC, QRPC, Amex MR, World of Hyatt, IHG one rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, etc…
Originally Posted by BA or bust
Just because you ‘own’ two of them does not mean you can use them both (because the ‘241 owner’ must always be on it).
I am not sure if I understand your explanation but you can choose 2 x 241 vouchers when making a booking for 4 people with one being the voucher owner.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by marcopizzaiuolo
I am not sure if I understand your explanation but you can choose 2 x 241 vouchers when making a booking for 4 people with one being the voucher owner.
OK, I stand corrected, thanks Marco. But not sure if the OP can apply a new 241 retrospectively to an existing booking?
And the point about the risk of cancelling and expecting the seats to reappear still stands I think.
marcopizzaiuolo and Mater like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
As noted, it's certainly possible to apply 2 vouchers to a booking.

However it doesn't work for 3 people, you don't get the 50% discount on the third individual (I've just tried this with a dummy booking and the T&C's support that outcome as well). So it's of no use to the OP regardless.

The only meaningful way to use two vouchers on the same booking is for 4 people, and the vouchers must be used at the time of booking, not later.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 6:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
As @BertieBadger says you cannot use 2 vouchers for 3 people. This is despite the changes which allow a single person to use a voucher to get 50% off. I think the reason is that when you use the voucher for 2 passengers or 2 vouchers for 4 passengers what is happening is that the voucher holder (and 3rd passenger) are paying the full Avios while the second and fourth passengers are travelling "for free" (taxes fees and other charges excepted) ie they are paying zero Avios for their tickets.

The newer concession for a voucher holder to travel for a 50% discount is exactly that. But BA's IT can't mix and match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.