Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Club World + Companion + upgrade voucher?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

i have an Amex business class companion voucher and a Barclaycard upgrade voucher (i believe i can use it one way to upgrade 2 people) for e.g book premium econ then use the upgrade to business and business class the return leg using my avios balance?
is there a way to combine both when booking. i have another option to take 7k avios instead the upgrade voucher from Barclaycard

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:16 pm

No, you can’t combine them on one booking. But reading your post I’m not quite sure what benefit you are looking to get from doing so anyway?

Your Amex voucher will cover both outbound and return.

The Barclays one can only be used ex-UK and, as you note, only one way if using it for two.

If you’re looking for a double upgrade from Y to J, that’s a no.
orbitmic and pana37 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
No, you can’t combine them on one booking. But reading your post I’m not quite sure what benefit you are looking to get from doing so anyway?

Your Amex voucher will cover both outbound and return.

The Barclays one can only be used ex-UK and, as you note, only one way if using it for two.

If you’re looking for a double upgrade from Y to J, that’s a no.
Thanks for speedy reply i was hoping to reduce the amount of avios used/taxes, for business class both ways as you say cannot be combined. i guess ill have to take the 7k avios

Cheers v much
Old Mar 9, 2024, 12:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
taxes paid are always as per cabin flown - so they will never reduce per se!
pana37 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.