Search

GGL Phone Number in the USA???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:50 pm
TGC
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
GGL Phone Number in the USA???

I'm currently in the US trying to modify a flight, have called the UK number but just sat on hold music for 30 mins, is there a better US based number to try?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The UK number is the only one, there isn't a USA number than I know of. Can it wait for another time? Or if it's not GGL specific such as Jokers, maybe the standard USA number?
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:56 pm
TGC
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks, the standard US number is just hanging up after playing the intro messages saying too much call volume!

Guess I'll just keep sitting on hold for the UK number then
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Sent you a DM
Old Mar 5, 2024, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Doesn’t the standard UK GGL number not transfer over to another country when outside of UK hours? When I recently called post 8pm UK time the call was answered by the Indian team.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:06 pm

There is a US phone number for GGL, but it routes to the same place as the UK number. Which at this time of day will be India. Given that access to BAEC accounts is offline tonight, I suspect you might be waiting for a while.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 3:07 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Doesn’t the standard UK GGL number not transfer over to another country when outside of UK hours? When I recently called post 8pm UK time the call was answered by the Indian team.
It does, so at the time the OP called it should have been sent to the GGL team in India, but a 30 minute wait is odd, I wonder if there was a technical hitch somewhere.
becks1 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 6:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The UK number is the only one, there isn't a USA number than I know of. Can it wait for another time? Or if it's not GGL specific such as Jokers, maybe the standard USA number?
There is a US GGL number but it connects to wherever the UK number would dial depending on the time of day. In these days of VOIP it doesn’t add any value to me but it is useful for those who are unable to call the UK number without running up additional charges.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by golfmad
There is a US GGL number but it connects to wherever the UK number would dial depending on the time of day. In these days of VOIP it doesn’t add any value to me but it is useful for those who are unable to call the UK number without running up additional charges.
in fact my experience of the us number is that the last few times I used it, it sadly connected to Mumbai even at times when the uk office was opened. Not sure if those were particularly busy days but it happened to me 3-4 times in a row during my last two trips.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by TGC
I'm currently in the US trying to modify a flight, have called the UK number but just sat on hold music for 30 mins, is there a better US based number to try?
The US GGL number gets routed to India, and it's free on a Skype call.
1 (877) 391-4641‬
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
in fact my experience of the us number is that the last few times I used it, it sadly connected to Mumbai even at times when the uk office was opened. Not sure if those were particularly busy days but it happened to me 3-4 times in a row during my last two trips.
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
The US GGL number gets routed to India, and it's free on a Skype call.
1 (877) 391-4641‬
That is not my experience. It gets routed to the UK when open and to India after the UK call centre closes.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
Originally Posted by golfmad
At least, in the past, calling the US number meant that the PoS for changes was US, not UK. That might be thought of as rather 'niche', but I have used it in the past. Indeed, calling the US number from the UK in order to get US PoS. But that was before Covid, so things may have changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.