Wiki Posts
Search

"Ghost" Reward Booking

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:40 am
Original Poster

"Ghost" Reward Booking

Hi All,

I recently booked a reward flight, it was a nightmare. I was on the phone for over 90 minutes and the agent had issues booking with companion voucher (saying it wouldn't work as there was 3 PAX travelling), then problems taking payment etc etc. In the end, by the time she sorted it out, my preferred date had gone.

Rather than continue with the agent in question, I ended up managing to book a different date online.

However, when I look at my bookings I now see the booking I did online, plus another booking for 2 PAX on the date I originally wanted. The only difference is there isn't any baggage info on the 2 PAX booking. During the original call, I recall the agent trying to book for 2 PAX to get around the companion voucher issue, but then it failed.

It *seems* that the flight is somehow reserved on my account? I haven't paid anything for it and I presume, since I didn't get an email about the booking, that the tickets haven't been issued?

My question, I can still see availability for 2 reward flights on the day I wanted. Could it be that the agent had somehow reserved them for me and not realised, rather than someone else taking that booking?

Cheers,
Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Is there an e-ticket number showing? Easy to check on the App. It's likely there isn't and this is not a ticketed booking, even if it has a PNR
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:02 am
Original Poster

As suspected, I checked the app and there's no ticket assigned to the 2 PAX booking.

I wonder if it's actually reserved though. On the date it's only showing 2 CW seats and there were 4 before I tried to book them!
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Who knows. Maybe this stuff up has them held and they'll return to inventory, or someone else grabbed them. Or they won't return to inventory
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Update, called BA and they did say they were reserved for me. Cancelled the booked date and re-booked 3 PAX on my preferred date.

Not sure how the original BA agent messed that up so much!
BA or bust and mikeyfly like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by GibFlyer
Update, called BA and they did say they were reserved for me. Cancelled the booked date and re-booked 3 PAX on my preferred date.

Not sure how the original BA agent messed that up so much!
The agent seemed inept. Seems like the preferred date were not gone they were held for you pending payment.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by proscale
The agent seemed inept. Seems like the preferred date were not gone they were held for you pending payment.
I think you're right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.