Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancellation policy for a CW flight part booked with Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

I part booked a reward club world flight last night at T-355 partly with Avios, partly with cash. I was wondering what the cancellation policy on this is as I may not be able to make it. Is it 24hrs only or can I do it at a later date for the £15 fee or does none of that apply as it’s not a true reward booking?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:17 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
If it's a reward booking where you selected one of the options that reduced the number of Avios needed in exchange for more cash, then standard cancellation rules for reward bookings apply. Fully flexible up to 24 hours beforehand, with a £35pp fee for changes.

If it's a revenue booking, where you spent some Avios to get money off (e.g. £60 off for 6,000 Avios) then the cancellation rules will depend upon the specifics of the fare.

It sounds like it's the first one from what you've said. There's no distinction of a "true" reward booking, it either is one or it isn't. If you searched for, and booked, a reward flight, then that's what it is, regardless of which combination of Avios + Cash you selected.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BertieBadger
If it's a reward booking where you selected one of the options that reduced the number of Avios needed in exchange for more cash, then standard cancellation rules for reward bookings apply. Fully flexible up to 24 hours beforehand, with a £35pp fee for changes.

If it's a revenue booking, where you spent some Avios to get money off (e.g. £60 off for 6,000 Avios) then the cancellation rules will depend upon the specifics of the fare.

It sounds like it's the first one from what you've said. There's no distinction of a "true" reward booking, it either is one or it isn't. If you searched for, and booked, a reward flight, then that's what it is, regardless of which combination of Avios + Cash you selected.

it’s listed as Avios & Money (Reward Flight Saver ) on the confirmation, so I’m going to assume the first. Is that correct?
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by chunkylover71
it’s listed as Avios & Money (Reward Flight Saver ) on the confirmation, so I’m going to assume the first. Is that correct?
That is correct.

Avios and Money is a reward flight, and the clincher is Reward Flight Saver, that only applies to reward flights as the name implies.

So it will be the standard cancellation policy, i.e. fully flexible up to 24hrs beforehand.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
…and the change / cancellation fee is £35 per person unless you are GGL in which case it is free to change / cancel.
crazy8534 and chunkylover71 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.