Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Staff Travel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:37 am
Original Poster

British Airways Staff Travel

Hi FTers,

I’ve got a few questions about the BA Staff Travel workings that I don’t really understand.

Firstly, what’s the difference between premium standby and annual bookable? (Are they the same thing, how much does each cost, limits, etc etc)
Secondly, how does one use the website ? I see all the sections on it, but i’m unsure as to how to use it. For example, how does one use the create listing option? Do I have to buy a ticket first to input into the boxes shown when the option is clicked?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by aks120; Feb 24, 2024 at 11:23 am Reason: Website removed
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:40 am

Best to search for ‘staff travel guide’ or ‘STG’ on ONE rather than posting here.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If you are staff ask a colleague or if not the staff member who’s concessions you are using.
Old Feb 24, 2024, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by User12345676543
Hi FTers,

I’ve got a few questions about the BA Staff Travel workings that I don’t really understand.

Firstly, what’s the difference between premium standby and annual bookable? (Are they the same thing, how much does each cost, limits, etc etc)
Secondly, how does one use the website idtravel.ba.com? I see all the sections on it, but i’m unsure as to how to use it. For example, how does one use the create listing option? Do I have to buy a ticket first to input into the boxes shown when the option is clicked?

Thank you in advance.
Hi there - I think you may have asked on the wrong forum/website?
If you are BA staff then all the answers will be on the staff travel page.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by User12345676543
Hi FTers,

Secondly, how does one use the website ? I see all the sections on it, but i’m unsure as to how to use it. For example, how does one use the create listing option? Do I have to buy a ticket first to input into the boxes shown when the option is clicked?

Thank you in advance.
You have a higher onload and upgrade priority (21/J20 in my case as staff..) on a bookable than what you would under premium standby which is 53A/J43. You pay zero fare on the bookable as opposed to premium standby (where the fare is discounted) and just YQ/taxes so its even more discounted. For instance, LHR-HND-LHR costs around GBP 171 on the bookable and on standby it costs 550 or so. You can be confirmed upto 56 days in advance when on the bookable (on premium standby, you are confirmed only at check in when they look at loads then) although not necessarily in your cabin of choice that far in advance. Can even use online check in then 24 hours in advance.

When away from the UK on a bookable if your return flight is delayed or you arent able to get on once confirmed, they should provide hotel I think (or reimburse the expense at the least once you return to the UK). Refer to the staff travel guide on the BA ESS page.. it has all you need.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.