Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Now open: Amsterdam Schiphol's new oneworld lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now open: Amsterdam Schiphol's new oneworld lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 6:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
That’s quite an effort! While true B2Bs there are of course foolproof, I’d be concerned about the distances involved between the BA gates and the new OW lounge.
It involved a very brisk walk in both directions — and about five minutes in the lounge after walking around and exploring the space briefly. I was a bit surprised by how far away it was since the OneWorld PR had stressed how close it was to the gates used by oneworld. I didn't enjoy my moments of panic trying to find the lounge given the defective signage.

BA426 arrived at the gate at 2053
BA427 left the gate at 2150

Gate was D14 so needed about a 5-10min walk in each direction.

Wasn’t terribly impressed, I have to say, after all the marketing guff about it. Didn’t bother eating much just had a small glass of wine and a snack.

The Pinot Grigio rosé was quite refreshing but the nut mix could’ve done with an upgrade, and the lounge was smaller than I had expected.
simonsmith, HadesNL and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
For those wondering about how the other half lives the life over at the Aspire lounge non-schengen:
https://www.executivelounges.com/air...pire-lounge-41
website has been updated with a drinks & food menu

its service flow in food presentation :
6.00 - 11.00 : breakfast
11.00 - 16.00 : lunch
16.00 - 23.00 : afternoon

Before using any sign ups to get that priority pass,
Beware about the generaic descriptions of the drinks and food, so be prepared to be underwhelmed

As
Miss Brahms noticed: "You didn't get sloshed again at the pub, did you ?"
Mrs. Slocombe remarked: " absolutely not, after a couple of G&T, I felt all dizzy, it must have been one of the tonics, they are sometimes a bit off"

Learning the lesson that not all tonics are created equal and the Aspire lounge can serve any brand of tonic .....

But looking at the website shows us some more photos about the Aspire lounge interior,
- the old kitchen area has been turned into more seating
- the new kitchen has been moved and located to cater for both the Aspire and OneWorld lounge
- it also shows the area that's in use by Singapore Airlines for their daily morning flight
LCSinTexas likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 11, 2024 at 2:12 am
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Does anyone have any recent insights/experience regarding Champagne/Cava/Sparkling wine that might be offered?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Does anyone have any recent insights/experience regarding Champagne/Cava/Sparkling wine that might be offered?
To answer my own question, today 25 March they were serving Bruno Roulot Champagne.
trolleymusic likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Breakfast cleared by 8.45am and replaced with lunch already. Are they catering for those who's stomachs are still in another timezone now?
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by the-doctor
Breakfast cleared by 8.45am and replaced with lunch already. Are they catering for those who's stomachs are still in another timezone now?
The Dutch eat early - but more like “11:30 for lunch” early, not “we adhere to some middle-Asian timezone”.
Lefly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.