Wiki Posts
Search

How Op-Ups appear to crew on their devices

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
How Op-Ups appear to crew on their devices

Quick question for the knowledgable on here!

Had booked J but when I dropped my bags off, I received a new boarding card for F which was a welcome surprise

Onboard on the crew iPhone I noticed a green icon against my name and asked the crew member what it meant. She clicked on it and it said “Customer Relations Authorised Upgrade.”

Is this the standard text for an op-up? I haven’t had any interactions with Customer Relations for a long time so I was taken a back that it was labelled as if it was compensation.

Cheers
Old Feb 17, 2024, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes with a green arrow upwards for upgrades.
becks1 and LancashireFlyer like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by LondonCapeTownAnyday
Quick question for the knowledgable on here!

Had booked J but when I dropped my bags off, I received a new boarding card for F which was a welcome surprise

Onboard on the crew iPhone I noticed a green icon against my name and asked the crew member what it meant. She clicked on it and it said “Customer Relations Authorised Upgrade.”

Is this the standard text for an op-up? I haven’t had any interactions with Customer Relations for a long time so I was taken a back that it was labelled as if it was compensation.

Cheers
a

this is an ongoing IT glitch (quelle a surprise) the green arrow indicates a cabin upgrade. If you pay for an Airport upgrade it shows as “invol” and an upgrade due to overbooking shows as “CR”. I flagged this up plenty of times as it confuses Crew when I was flying and am (not) surprised this hasn’t been fixed
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Can I help you
And is it a red arrow downwards for downgrades, or some other symbol?
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by gcuk
Yep, red down arrow for downgrades
Can I help you, gcuk and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by gcuk
A poop emoji
EuropeanPete, gcuk, the810 and 8 others like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by zcd9986
A poop emoji
thought that was the logo for ET!😛
the810 and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:49 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
So I shouldn't be seeing a Clown emoji next to my name?
Old Feb 17, 2024, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
I don't think you get unalloyed status benefits as an opup, so for example I wouldn't expect to be prioritised for a meal choice as a GGL over paid or direct redemption passengers. Which is fair enough really. So presumably the marker is to indicate that.
flygirl68 and gcuk like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
I don't think you get unalloyed status benefits as an opup, so for example I wouldn't expect to be prioritised for a meal choice as a GGL over paid or direct redemption passengers. Which is fair enough really. So presumably the marker is to indicate that.
I think that’s right - I received an op-up from J to F last week (lovely surprise!!) and everyone else in the cabin was traveling together as a paid work group.

Their meal orders were rightfully taken first, no issues though, as I think only one passenger chose to eat both dinner and breakfast so plenty of food and drink to go around.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Would love to see a green arrow alongside my name - ever the optimist!
MysoreBound likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:53 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Once got a sneak at the iPad on an A380 and was shocked to see over half of the J cabin had been op-upped from W! That’s basically nearly the whole of WTP upgraded to CW (I was one of them and was curious..)
oceanscape and becks1 like this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Once got a sneak at the iPad on an A380 and was shocked to see over half of the J cabin had been op-upped from W! That’s basically nearly the whole of WTP upgraded to CW (I was one of them and was curious..)
Yes, it always seemed to me that most airlines under-estimated the demand for Premium Economy when they designed their aircraft layouts. Maybe it has something to do with corporate policies (not paying for business fares but PE ok?)
oceanscape likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by StingWest
Yes, it always seemed to me that most airlines under-estimated the demand for Premium Economy when they designed their aircraft layouts. Maybe it has something to do with corporate policies (not paying for business fares but PE ok?)
I don't doubt there is strong demand for Premium Economy but more frequently Economy is heavily oversold.

I have seen plenty of flights where the whole of W has been upgraded to J in advance of the flight to clear enough space for op ups from Y to W if required on the day.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 2:41 pm

With redemptions there is often many PE options but nothing for J or F. Is PE really that popular?
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.