Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Would you complain for poor amenities/service in club world?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Just wondering if it is worth complaining about the general poor service from cabin crew & lack of inflight amenities.
Snack Bar only had alcohol drinks & small packs of popcorn - not sure if it was raided before hand, but a long haul flight with 2 meals* is not enough to keep you going.
No soft drinks available. Cabin Crew was nowhere to be found. Certainly nothing for anyone with allergies. Not sure if it had been raided by other PAX, but cabin crew should have restocked if they had no intention of offering a service round of drinks & snacks.
Flight was 16 hours. First meal served 90mins to 2hrs into the flight & second meal an hour before landing. So well over 12 hours with nothing being offered to eat or drink, except for one cabin walk around for coffee.
Allergy meal - first course was chicken based, second course also chicken based + the much hated bananabread! Does anyone eyeball the menu & think that is a good idea?
drinks - drink order taken upon boarding. This was served with the meal. Was offered a coffee about 10 hours into the flight & a drink with second meal. Nothing else & nothing available at the snackbar.
*Meal - my first choice was not available for main meal.
2nd meal I had to go without a starter, as only 2 choices available & had run out of the only choice I could eat as I dislike salmon!

Why only 2 meals on a 5am - 8pm UK timezone flight? So hardly a night flight where you would be expected to try & sleep for a number of hours. Most of the cabin was awake throughout the flight.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Shocking but not surprising. The "Club Kitchen" has been a joke on all my recent flights. It is often completely empty or (if it is stocked) it's just some biscuits. I believe the main meal 1-2 hours after take-off and then the arrival meal 1-2 hours before landing is normal. I always find it weird how when I travel in WT+ they come around in between meals with snacks (e.g. ice creams, chocolate bars, etc.) but you never get that service in Club World. Bizarre.

Anyway, complain if you feel there was a disservice - the more who do make the effort to complain, the more likely they are to listen. However, sadly it sounds par for the course to be honest. It's frustrating because I like the new Club Suite but the service and catering is usually such a let down.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Eggtastico
Why only 2 meals on a 5am - 8pm UK timezone flight?
What was the actual departure time in the local time zone?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:41 am

Programs: BAEC
I certainly would complain, you probably paid a lot of money for that flight.

I would have complained to the lead Cabin Crew member at the time and now write and e-mail your complaints.
ttama, SxMan and AJNEDC like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:43 am

Is this the Tokyo Haneda to Heathrow service?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:46 am

I've no doubt the service wasn't great on this flight, but I also can't help but think you could've got more by simply finding some crew and/or using the call button. I've never been on a flight where crew were 'nowhere to be found'.

Also not quite sure what you mean by allergy meal. It sounds like you didn't order a special meal as you were going from the regular menu. So it might be worth doing that next time.

Not defending BA here - I've had plenty of flights with slow and/or minimal service. But if I'm keen for an extra drink or snack I've always managed to get it by asking.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I've no doubt the service wasn't great on this flight, but I also can't help but think you could've got more by simply finding some crew and/or using the call button. I've never been on a flight where crew were 'nowhere to be found'.

Also not quite sure what you mean by allergy meal. It sounds like you didn't order a special meal as you were going from the regular menu. So it might be worth doing that next time.

Not defending BA here - I've had plenty of flights with slow and/or minimal service. But if I'm keen for an extra drink or snack I've always managed to get it by asking.
Indeed, but often one is made to feel that they are "inconveniencing" the cabin crew, especially when they're hiding away in the galley with the curtains closed. Being pro-active and going around the cabin 2-3 times between the 2 meal services to check if passengers would like anything should really be part of the service in Club World.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Just for info. There would have been soft drinks in the bar trolleys. If the crew have disappeared from the gallery nearest you for a while, then someone would probably be in one of the other galleys and I'd go and pop my head in there and ask.
You also have the call bell if you prefer.
Drinks should be available in Club throughout the flight.
bafan and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:52 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by oceanscape
Indeed, but often one is made to feel that they are "inconveniencing" the cabin crew, especially when they're hiding away in the galley with the curtains closed. Being pro-active and going around the cabin 2-3 times between the 2 meal services to check if passengers would like anything should really be part of the service in Club World.
Separate facts from feelings when it comes to asking for what you want. In my experience if you ask crew for a drink they will get you one.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
This sounds like HND-LHR. It is vastly undercatered IMO, even in F. F has a snack type menu of hot or cold sandwiches and a salad but they only load 2 sandwiches for 8 pax….
becks1, SxMan and FlyingCruiser like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Door5L
Is this the Tokyo Haneda to Heathrow service?
Yes
The 77w with lots of Club World seats
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Lioneye
Separate facts from feelings when it comes to asking for what you want. In my experience if you ask crew for a drink they will get you one.
Yes, likewise if I ask they will get me one. But more often than not it's with some huffing and puffing and/or a "just let me do XYZ first and I'll bring it to you shortly" [10 mins later, still nothing]
ttama, DeathSlam and Bellerina like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape
I don't feel that so much when they're behind the curtain. Actually it's more when they appear to be frantically doing something else that it feels inconvenient to ask, even if you've been waiting ages and they're just not being very efficient. Anyway completely agree that they should be pro-active in between meals.
ttama likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1

My personal opinion is the call button should not be there to be waited on. If I had done that, then others probably would have copied. The person behind complained about the lack of food & asked for extra during the meal. I think she got my starter I had to refuse! 2x choices for the first meal service I was advised the option was popular and I may have to choose something else. Luckily, I did get what I requested.
ttama likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Diamond, Mucci des repas d'enfant
To answer your original question, yes I would definitely complain, that all sounds very unsatisfactory
ttama, SxMan, AJNEDC and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.