Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No answer from Executive Club Rep on flyertalk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold

Hi all,

any info if anyone from Executive Club checks messages at all? Usually in the past super quick at getting back but I have sent the same mesage three times and not even so much as an acknowlegment !

Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I don't think it's a core service, and I'm a bit surprised by the implication that you have messaged them multiple times - it's supposed to be for things which have exhausted all other forms of escalation. Let's put it this way, I've never needed to use this facility. I am aware that some people used to PM Nicci for each and every flight they did, and sometimes more than once, but that really isn't (and wasn't) sustainable. There should be other ways to get answers to questions, not least this forum. But yes, a BA rep does check this site from time to time, workload permitting.
HIDDY, KARFA, BA or bust and 7 others like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold
I have used it for certain urgencies in the past and found Nicci and Stacy most helpful and kind in their approach at finding a solution, hence why I was asking about the current situation as messages go unanswered, and was assuming it was no longer checked or monitored.

Thanks again !
HIDDY, defiantflyer and Keystone like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I can confirm I would have needed it only once recently (my only ever time since joining ft and on behalf of someone else, not me) but it unfortunately went unanswered. I think it’s best to assume it is unmonitored sadly and I agree it’s a shame as this was a useful presence though agree it should only be used for emergencies/exceptional scenarios in the first place.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 7:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
yes, i think to agree with others, i wouldn't use it generally for queries. it isn't something BA really checks these days - it may be no one is assigned to it anymore.

i would recommend just using your normal BAEC channel by phone, or if you want feel free to post any queries on here where you should be able to get some solid advice fairly promptly.
orbitmic and BA or bust like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Probably better trying BA on Twitter (currently X). Or else here (as others have said).
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:27 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Also never had the need to use the services of the BA helper on this board. It’s taken a number of emails and calls to regular channels but my issues have always been resolved that way.
As stated above, we need to remember it is a goodwill role, not a staff member dedicated to FT. The fact they aren’t responding is probably indicative of how swamped they are with routine issues rather than spending their limited time on the big or urgent issues.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
The two times I reached out to them in the last year, I got an answer within a few days. However, one of the time, the answer was inaccurate, and despite them saying my partner award flight ticket did not need to be reissued due to a flight number change, I couldnt check in as... I didn't have a valid ticket (big surprise).
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:19 pm

FWIW, BA refund helper used to chime in periodically and quite helpfully too.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
FWIW, BA refund helper used to chime in periodically and quite helpfully too.
yes but that’s a very different role I believe (ie focused on ba issues rather than baec issues).
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:27 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
BA Missing Avios who I only reached out to as an absolute last resort has also not been heard from in quite some time. They use to be super efficient.
henry999 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes, i think to agree with others, i wouldn't use it generally for queries. it isn't something BA really checks these days - it may be no one is assigned to it anymore.
On my flight back from AUS in April 2023 in J, the Austrian-born crew member who was on the same flight out 10 (?) days previously, came up to me referencing my 'review' on Flyertalk and that she'd shared it with her colleagues. She told me that some of the crew look what people are saying on here and their flights. Not sure how much action is taken though.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by chriswiles
On my flight back from AUS in April 2023 in J, the Austrian-born crew member who was on the same flight out 10 (?) days previously, came up to me referencing my 'review' on Flyertalk and that she'd shared it with her colleagues. She told me that some of the crew look what people are saying on here and their flights. Not sure how much action is taken though.
As far as I am aware, help received from people on here is done by motivated staff who do this as and when they can, I do not believe it is a core role. So please be kind (I know and appreciate most people on here are very courteous) as those helping are doing it from personal motivation to help rather than it being part of their job description.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Waterhorse
As far as I am aware, help received from people on here is done by motivated staff who do this as and when they can, I do not believe it is a core role. So please be kind (I know and appreciate most people on here are very courteous) as those helping are doing it from personal motivation to help rather than it being part of their job description.
Yes - it was very much a labour of love. In 10+ years I don't think I ever needed the support of the EC rep on here...could never understand why people were regularly in contact.
Eskimoboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.