Wiki Posts
Search

LCY Aircraft Rotations

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
LCY Aircraft Rotations

I ended up with an 18 hour trip to DUS this weekend (don't ask - I'm already feeling very cws about this trip). On arrival in DUS we parked on a remote stand next to G-LCYS. Out of curiosity I checked where this aircraft was going's next, expecting some exotic location such as SOU or EDI. Turns out the aircraft has a leisurely stay and the next flight is the 2pm to LCY on Sunday.

I thought the fleet was worked to death? How is it that an aircraft gets two half days off?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
LCY is only open from 06.30 until 13.00 on Saturdays.
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
LCY is only open from 06.30 until 13.00 on Saturdays.
Thats why I assumed it was going to SOU or EDI
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
More likely during the summer I think ... wintertime the aircraft normally sit around the outstations from Saturday mid afternoon until time to depart to go back to LCY on Sunday .. there might be a few ski charters I guess , but maybe only one or two aircraft ... even in summer not all the aircraft are doing non LCY routes at the weekend .. they'll often sit around at the outstation too
Markie likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:29 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
No disrespect to DUS... but I feel for the crew having to overnight there... IIRC from a visit a few years ago... tis not the most interesting place in Germany.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BA or bust
No disrespect to DUS... but I feel for the crew having to overnight there... IIRC from a visit a few years ago... tis not the most interesting place in Germany.
It is a little more sedated than the other cities in the area. But there are many places that would be lower on my list of night stop paces.
SxMan likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: BA GfL, Marriott PlatfL/Ambassador, TP Gold, IHG Spire
Does that mean that J catering is sitting on the plane for almost 24h or would BA cater these flights from the outstations?
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:15 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by BA or bust
it does still have some really good hotels though – although the intercontinental is no more 😫
Old Feb 4, 2024, 5:56 am

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by SxMan
it does still have some really good hotels though – although the intercontinental is no more 😫
And some excellent Japanese restaurants, given the large Japanese community there.
SxMan and TedToToe like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by mario
Does that mean that J catering is sitting on the plane for almost 24h or would BA cater these flights from the outstations?
I believe they also pickup catering down route.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by LCY8737
I ended up with an 18 hour trip to DUS this weekend (don't ask - I'm already feeling very cws about this trip). On arrival in DUS we parked on a remote stand next to G-LCYS. Out of curiosity I checked where this aircraft was going's next, expecting some exotic location such as SOU or EDI. Turns out the aircraft has a leisurely stay and the next flight is the 2pm to LCY on Sunday
Originally Posted by mario
see

BA CityFlyer catering | guide, reviews and photos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.