Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

"Your seats have changed" when flight is in fact cancelled (or is it?)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Your seats have changed" when flight is in fact cancelled (or is it?)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2024, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by TangoOneSeven
I had this today too, for a LHR-BCN / then return in May. Seats have not changed from the ones I selected at booking. Flight times appear to be the same as booked also. Not sure if it is maybe an aircraft type change?
Lots of my MAD flights are switched to being IB flights with BA codeshares. Same times, seats etc.
TangoOneSeven likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:16 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I've only got one of these ("seat changed" = BA flight MAD-LHR cancelled) but it's proving difficult to resolve.

The booking is a MAD-LHR-USA return on BA metal but ticketed by AA -- and the replacement IB flights weren't available to the (friendly, competent, UK native speaker) AAgent who tried to help me.

Maybe the replacement IB flights will get AA codeshare numbers in due course. If not, I'll have to accept the next BA operated flight -- which will get us to LHR almost four hours later than planned and make for a short night ahead of our TATL flight.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
The replacement IB flights already do have BA codeshares. If you tell us which one I am sure someone can provide it.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 9:35 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
I looked up the codeshares while I was on the phone. You're right that the new IB flights have BA codeshares, but -- so far -- they don't seem to have been given AA flight numbers.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:28 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Markie
Lots of my MAD flights are switched to being IB flights with BA codeshares. Same times, seats etc.
I checked my booking and the operating carrier (BA), flight numbers (and time, and terminals etc) appear to be the same in MMB (after this email) to when I booked it. I can't quickly see anything that has changed anyway.
Old Feb 8, 2024, 2:59 pm

Angry Seats have changed

Received an email today that my seats had been changed and to sign onto my account to change my seats. I signed and and there are no available seats. I booked this flight from Rome to Heathrow months ago. Customer service stated that the flight was overbooked and they were working on it. My question is what do you do and how can they do this? Was flight canceled or just overbooked. They did say that this had happened to several people today, but don't worry....all will be well. Yeah right.

Last edited by aks120; Feb 8, 2024 at 3:01 pm Reason: Removed explitive
Old Feb 8, 2024, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
I reported upthread (3 days ago) that I received a similar “your seats have been changed” email, but when I checked in MMB nothing had changed. Now, 3 days later, I checked again, and still there is no change, not in seats, aircraft type, departure time, or anything. I even did a dummy booking for the same flights on those days, and they are on the schedule unchanged.

So it is still a mystery. I will keep checking, though.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 2:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by davidhj
Received an email today that my seats had been changed and to sign onto my account to change my seats. I signed and and there are no available seats. I booked this flight from Rome to Heathrow months ago. Customer service stated that the flight was overbooked and they were working on it. My question is what do you do and how can they do this? Was flight canceled or just overbooked. They did say that this had happened to several people today, but don't worry....all will be well. Yeah right.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA Forum. Without knowing the date and flight number we can only speculate rather than give you helpful advice. But usually overbooked services do get resolved, and if you are overbooked then you may get compensation to go on another service. It's rare for that to happen, they may simply put a bigger aircraft on the service.
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton HONORS Silver
Had a similar message for my BA 892 LHR - SOF 27 April. There was also an e-mail stating the flight had been cancelled and that I had been re-booked onto the flight on the 28th which would have given me less than an hour to dis-embark, complete arrival/connection/departure procedures (as required) to come home.

Chose to cancel as I don't fancy over six hours back to back on an A320 even in Club Europe.

Bit annoyed as I had managed to obtain a very good price in the January sale (£ 169 return including DDS discount and 3000 avios for 160 points!- ugggh)

Den
Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dpherraghty
Had a similar message for my BA 892 LHR - SOF 27 April. There was also an e-mail stating the flight had been cancelled and that I had been re-booked onto the flight on the 28th which would have given me less than an hour to dis-embark, complete arrival/connection/departure procedures (as required) to come home.

Chose to cancel as I don't fancy over six hours back to back on an A320 even in Club Europe.

Bit annoyed as I had managed to obtain a very good price in the January sale (£ 169 return including DDS discount and 3000 avios for 160 points!- ugggh)

Den
I presume you wanted to stay overnight in Sofia? With the cancellation you should have been able to move the flight to another day up to -3/+14 days from the original date. Did that not appeal?
Old Feb 11, 2024, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton HONORS Silver
Karfa

Thank you. The e-mail stated that I had been re-booked on to the following day's flight and - I may have interpreted it wrongly - only have the option of that flight or cancellation.

Maybe I had my sixth sense unknowingly activated as both of the hotels associated with the trip were booked on a refundable basis which is something I don't normally do.

Yours Aye

Den

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.