Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Adding additional passenger to existing booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Hi guys,

I booked a flight recently for myself and a friend, Economy Euro Traveller.

I’m silver status so managed to book us a seat even though the flight is a few months away.

Another friend has decided to join us, is it somehow possible to add another passenger to the same booking (so I can allocate his seat next to us) or will he have to book separate and sit apart?

thanks
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You can't just bolt on additional passengers after it has been initially ticketed. You would either need the third passenger to live with a separate reservation, or cancel the first reservation and book again.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can't just bolt on additional passengers after it has been initially ticketed. You would either need the third passenger to live with a separate reservation, or cancel the first reservation and book again.
I’ve actually just realised I’m within 24hrs from my original booking. Isn’t there a cool off period where I can cancel for free?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by GibFlyer
I’ve actually just realised I’m within 24hrs from my original booking. Isn’t there a cool off period where I can cancel for free?

Hi,

I think so ( I think you may need to call in though). There is no guarantee the new seats would be at the same price originally paid

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 1, 2024, 12:55 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by GibFlyer
Yes, that's a relevant additional piece of information. You can amend or cancel a booking within 24 hours without fee. However if the price changes as a result of 3 people being on the booking you will have to pay the extra not just for the additional person but also for the initial 2 passengers. You would need to call the contact centre to make this change, other than that a cancellation should be possible online - only proceed if it shows a full refund and details on the second screen.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that's a relevant additional piece of information. You can amend or cancel a booking within 24 hours without fee. However if the price changes as a result of 3 people being on the booking you will have to pay the extra not just for the additional person but also for the initial 2 passengers. You would need to call the contact centre to make this change, other than that a cancellation should be possible online - only proceed if it shows a full refund and details on the second screen.
thanks for the prompt, was £3 more per person and I could cancel online without the call centre needed. I should have checked before asking, but hope the info helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.