Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are BA (HAL) doing the 'coach' down?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Are BA (HAL) doing the 'coach' down?

Fairly bored (as you can likely tell) at LHR A4 waiting for them to 'locate the remote stand your aircraft is on' when my attention was drawn to the gate sign.

Never noticed it before but it informed PX that 'You will be taken to the aircraft by coach today', err, I doubt that.

Now I'm all for a bit of embelishment, however calling the vehicle that they cram you into like cattle, often driven by someone who seems to forget they have 60+ people stood behind them, a coach seems a bit of a stretch.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Yep, you are bored
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The part of using the cattle bus that amuses me is that those paying for F have to cope with it in the same way as those on cheapo last minute deals.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
The part of using the cattle bus that amuses me is that those paying for F have to cope with it in the same way as those on cheapo last minute deals.
And in my (relatively limited) experience of F on various airlines over the years BA is one of the very few, if not only, airline that now treats its F passengers in this way.
I suspect that is why so many describe BA F as a very good Business Class, but not true F. Just my two pence.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:19 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
It's just setting the scene for the "extraordinary comfort" that awaits you in CE when you board...
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Not sure if it’s my luck, but almost every boarding I’ve had at DOH on QR has been a “coach” however, it’s a business only, very comfortable and air conditioned bus. I’ll take that
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:51 am

QR have F coaches that board from the lounge - somewhat different.

drwook, mrow, Nicksta and 18 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

From what I've read on here over the years we Flyertalkers are BA's main source of revenue, are their No.1 clients and also very important people in the aviation world, there really should be dedicated luxury FT Coaches at T5 and T3.

Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

I'm trying to decide if it's better or worse than those giant people mover things they had (may still have) !at IAD. Never been back, once was enough :-)
Simon Schus likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:39 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
I'm trying to decide if it's better or worse than those giant people mover things they had (may still have) !at IAD. Never been back, once was enough :-)
I went in one when i was a teenager (the 1970's) and I thought it was the height of sophisticated travel.
TFM, tuonopepper, lhrsfo and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Thrifty Scotsman
Yep, you are bored
They finally captured the aircraft trying to escape somewhere over by T3
RoseNylund likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM-2MM, BA Gold, A3 Gold, AF Plat
Originally Posted by tuonopepper
They STILL have them at IAD and even Air France's La Premiere passengers must endure them.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
This was my one experience of F on BA. Cattle bus both ways, non functioning IFE one way and semi functional the other and wobbly tray both directions.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA-S UA LH-Sen KLM/AF-Plat.
Originally Posted by ATLCDG
They STILL have them at IAD and even Air France's La Premiere passengers must endure them.
I can safely say that every. La P flight to IAD I've made over the years has ended with a dedicated very comfortable exclusive transport from plane to terminal. Not done one since 2022 but don't think it's changed.
AlwaysFlyStar likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
From what I've read on here over the years we Flyertalkers are BA's main source of revenue, are their No.1 clients and also very important people in the aviation world, there really should be dedicated luxury FT Coaches at T5 and T3.

They operate from the FT lounge...
PETER01 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.