Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to open BA Booking on Iberia.com ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Unable to open BA Booking on Iberia.com ?

I've two bookings with sectors on IB and would like to assign seats on at least one of them on Iberia.com

Doesn't work though as the direct link from BA's Manage My booking just gives an Error on Iberia.com ... and if I try to view the booking manually on Iberia.com ( either using the BA PNR or the IB one ( 5 characters ) that they give on that MMB page ) they both fail .. for both my bookings so I assume there's some other error going on

Any suggestions how to load the bookings on the Iberia site/app ?
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:42 am

Programs: BAEC
Instead of via IB, try via rj.com and access Manage Booking section using BA PNR. From there you can see what seat is available for selection.

Once saved and confirmed, remember to return to the seat map and see if the selection stays with the booking. At times the selection won’t stick
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:50 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
I've two bookings with sectors on IB and would like to assign seats on at least one of them on Iberia.com

Doesn't work though as the direct link from BA's Manage My booking just gives an Error on Iberia.com ... and if I try to view the booking manually on Iberia.com ( either using the BA PNR or the IB one ( 5 characters ) that they give on that MMB page ) they both fail .. for both my bookings so I assume there's some other error going on

Any suggestions how to load the bookings on the Iberia site/app ?
This might be a way off suggestion, but if you have just booked them and they are not ticketed yet, that might affect your ability to select seats perhaps.

P.S. Somewhat OT but I have some IB flights booked via BA but they are not retrievable at all through my BAEC account nor using MMB funtionality. So the inter-airline IT systems in the IAG Group are pretty ropey anyway.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by BA or bust
This might be a way off suggestion, but if you have just booked them and they not ticketed yet, that might affect your ability to select seats perhaps.
One is new , one isn't ... but yes good theory .. but I think it's a more general issue

Both are BA Holidays bookings .. tickets have been issued with 125-xxx numbers ... The page on BA.com before you get sent to IB.com gives the usual BA 6 character alpha numeric locator and also gives an IB 5 character alphabetic only PNR which then doesn't seem to work on IB.com ( nor does the original BA PNR or the BA eticket number )
Old Jan 25, 2024, 4:15 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
One is new , one isn't ... but yes good theory .. but I think it's a more general issue

Both are BA Holidays bookings .. tickets have been issued with 125-xxx numbers ... The page on BA.com before you get sent to IB.com gives the usual BA 6 character alpha numeric locator and also gives an IB 5 character alphabetic only PNR which then doesn't seem to work on IB.com ( nor does the original BA PNR or the BA eticket number )
Sounds like you may need to call BAEC to check the IB PNR is correct and then call IB if you still cannot get in.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You need the IB PNR and the reservation needs to be ticketed.

My BAEC Avios PNR (on 125 ticket stock) with IB flights only, shows up fine on the IB website and I was able to select seats (but not on BA MMB); That was before Christmas; I havn't tried again recently.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Both work fine today to pull up the bookings on Iberia.com .. so I guess IB have IT issues just like BA from time to time .. seems just to have been a glitch yesterday
Old Jan 27, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: BA Blue
Question Variation of the same issue?

I've got a 2-4-1 Avios booking LHR-MAD-EZE return, all legs on IB in Business, obviously booked via BA. I was able to select seats a few months ago.

The flight is now in 14 days time but the seat reservations appear to have partially disappeared - only 3 of 8 selections remain.

There was a minor schedule change after booking, but no aircraft type changes as far as I am aware. I cannot access the reservation on the IB website because it says it was booked elsewhere. I can see the seat maps on the IB app but seat requests don't stick. I tried RJ but this shows me all seats being available and then throws up an error if I try to choose seats.

Any ideas how to check / confirm seat selection ahead of check in?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Stratus
I've got a 2-4-1 Avios booking LHR-MAD-EZE return, all legs on IB in Business, obviously booked via BA. I was able to select seats a few months ago.

The flight is now in 14 days time but the seat reservations appear to have partially disappeared - only 3 of 8 selections remain.

There was a minor schedule change after booking, but no aircraft type changes as far as I am aware. I cannot access the reservation on the IB website because it says it was booked elsewhere. I can see the seat maps on the IB app but seat requests don't stick. I tried RJ but this shows me all seats being available and then throws up an error if I try to choose seats.

Any ideas how to check / confirm seat selection ahead of check in?
Were you able to make seat selections prior to check in? Currently in the same situation.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
The ongoing advice from the IB forum for any IB seat selection issues is to try on RJ, AY, or MH manage booking – MH seems to have the highest success rate. Thank IAG for their IT.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by BillLumberg
Were you able to make seat selections prior to check in? Currently in the same situation.
The seat selections remained 'disappeared' until 3 days or so before departure when they all mysteriously reappeared as originally selected months previously. I could then see the seats correctly in the IB app.

I was able to check in online using the app and the seat selections remained OK.
ajamieson and BillLumberg like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.