Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phoenix - London

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2024, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Phoenix - London

Which airline, AA or BA has best business class service on nonstop route. Anyone flown this route lately?
Old Jan 21, 2024, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Flew it overnight Dec 31st to Jan 1st in BA CS. Very decent, but probably helped by the date meaning PHX and the cabin were half empty. Only time I've flown the route so can't help with any AA comparison I'm afraid. Happy to answer any questions, bearing in mind I spent a good chunk of it asleep...The crew were very good re wake up time etc.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 2:56 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
AA seats are way better than the BA A350 seats IMHO on this route. Food is better on BA and more attentive service but the config makes me take AA.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
This is entirely subjective, so the answers will reflect that. There are quite a few threads around very similar questions, if not quite route specific.

AA has ice cream sundaes, that’s quite a selling point for me, and typically reliably cooler cabins, sometimes BA cabins feel too warm, but maybe you prefer that. The seats on both are very nice. BA has 261 protection in the event of delay to the UK.

But, and I think this is the most important point, if you’re doing it once why worry, you’ll never know which is best as you see it, and regardless one flight is not a way to establish which is best for you. If it’s to be a regular thing then mix and match until you’ve decided which you prefer. Don’t overthink things like this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Done 4 CW trips to PHX in the last couple of years, all with BA. 777, 350, 777 .. all perfectly agreeable in CW. Going again next month (A350) which I prefer as it is quieter than the 777. I like AA, but personally need the interlined baggage as I start in JER with BA.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BA and AA will interline each other's luggage, so long as it's on one PNR. The problems we see in this space are those using 2 PNRs.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by CT-UK
AA seats are way better than the BA A350 seats IMHO on this route. Food is better on BA and more attentive service but the config makes me take AA.
Which version of AA’s seats do you prefer? The Collins Super Diamond or the rear/forward facing Concept D? The latter doesn’t receive the best of reviews and I also rank it pretty low on the comfort scale. The problem I have when recommending AA is you won’t know which of the 777-200ER variants you’ll get until a couple of days before the flight
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
BA and AA will interline each other's luggage, so long as it's on one PNR. The problems we see in this space are those using 2 PNRs.
Thanks, C-W-S ... I had missed that critical detail!
Old Jan 21, 2024, 4:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
During this past November I was supposed to fly PHX-LHR on BA. Due to delays continuing to mount I was going to miss my connection in LHR so I switched to the AA flight. On the return I flew on BA. Both flights were fine. I think I slightly prefer BA over AA due to crew, food and the newer aircraft (35K). I'm 6ft 3in so neither seat is perfect for me.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 5:04 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by Prospero
Which version of AA’s seats do you prefer? The Collins Super Diamond or the rear/forward facing Concept D? The latter doesn’t receive the best of reviews and I also rank it pretty low on the comfort scale. The problem I have when recommending AA is you won’t know which of the 777-200ER variants you’ll get until a couple of days before the flight
I don't mind what config TBH, I like table and the screen in CS, I find lounging and sleeping in it far worse the CW and AA and as I have said probably too many times the way BA designed the galley mean the loo is cut off and service slow a real shame on such a nice aircraft.
Old Jan 21, 2024, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Prospero
That possbility of the Zodiacs make the decision easy imo. Although if you can get Row 7 or 10 then its doable on the Zodiac but even with the rocking aside its still such an inferior seat to the Super Diamonds as they are narrower at the head area, slightly shorter in length & the bench for the feet is incredibly small. And of course any rear facing seat gets you views of everyone walking up & down the aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.