Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA A380 Club World vs Iberia A330 300

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:16 am
Original Poster

BA A380 Club World vs Iberia A330 300

Have a choice between flying a 9 hours long haul in either a BA A380 Club World or Iberia A330 300 business class. Trying to decide. Seat reservation is a bit less on Iberia
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I prefer the IB hard product to the old Club World seats found on BA's A380s, but the A380 is the superior aircraft and I find the service and soft product to generally be better on BA.
Markie, Cymro and trolleymusic like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
A380 over the A330, unless you really dislike CW.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
BA for EU261. Good chances for a good compensation. No I am not being sarcastic or something.
BA or bust, dougzz and SW3_A like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Looks like BA is way to go. Tried booking my flights 3 times via BA but website has crashed during payment each time. BA and their IT. What a cluster!
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:51 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
If connection/timing is all equal, I prefer the window IB J seats to BA CW, food is preferable on IB, but nothing extraordinary or worth going out of the way than BA. Unless you can get upper deck back window seat, with the storage panels.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 10:58 am

There are a few plum seats on the A380, 59A/K and 53A/K being the pick of them. If you can get one of those for a reasonable price, then I would probably take that over IB. However if those are unavailable or notably more expensive than an IB A/L window seat, I would go with IB.

This is on the assumption you're travelling solo. If as a couple, then it's a different set of choices but either airline could work fine for you.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 11:03 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Sorry for asking - but between where and where is this choice to be made? Surely IB means a stop in Madrid? Apart from liking the A380, the choice is evident in not having to change aircraft even though T4S is easy.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
There are a few plum seats on the A380, 59A/K and 53A/K being the pick of them. If you can get one of those for a reasonable price, then I would probably take that over IB. However if those are unavailable or notably more expensive than an IB A/L window seat, I would go with IB.

This is on the assumption you're travelling solo. If as a couple, then it's a different set of choices but either airline could work fine for you.
Travelling as a couple. In relation to the BA A380, seats 53A & 53B, 53J & 53K have already been reserved someone else. Flight is in second half of November.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Sorry for asking - but between where and where is this choice to be made? Surely IB means a stop in Madrid? Apart from liking the A380, the choice is evident in not having to change aircraft even though T4S is easy.
Need to fly from Miami to Dublin. Iberia connection is via Madrid and BA connection via Heathrow.
PUCCI GALORE and Genius1 like this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by ermis177
BA for EU261. Good chances for a good compensation. No I am not being sarcastic or something.
Especially as the aircraft combination and flight duration involved in this case point towards MIA being involved...

If that is the case, and we're talking about the return from MIA, I would go for IB on the late flight (10pm ish) as BA, for most of the year, only has the A380 on the 5pm flight, which is horrendous for jetlag.
Cymro likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by gordiegem
Need to fly from Miami to Dublin. Iberia connection is via Madrid and BA connection via Heathrow.
Have you considered the EI MCO-DUB nonstop, with either a one-way car rental or the new Brightline train from Miami to the MCO Airport rail station?
​​​​​​
Old Jan 20, 2024, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BA6501
Especially as the aircraft combination and flight duration involved in this case point towards MIA being involved...

If that is the case, and we're talking about the return from MIA, I would go for IB on the late flight (10pm ish) as BA, for most of the year, only has the A380 on the 5pm flight, which is horrendous for jetlag.
This. Better flight timings trumps small difference in plane / seat / service.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
For me it’s IB 330 > BA 380 in business every time. Can’t stand the old CW seats and will book away even with a connection.
Old Jan 20, 2024, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Timing of flight would matter most here on a short yet jetlaggable flight like this but from a product perspective BA A380 any day. I much prefer the plane overall and I actually sleep better in the old CW to the Iberia product. I find something about their seats just super uncomfortable in bed mode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.