Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is Bahrain consistently 'old CW'?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Is Bahrain consistently 'old CW'?

Have checked a few dates and it's always 4 class 777s with old CW - is this the norm or has CS made much of an appearance on this route?

Looking at Avios upgrades from WT+, and although they offer very decent redemption value in the sale (over 4p/Avio), not sure if I can be bothered for the daytime outbound flight if it's nailed on old CW...
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:25 am

The easiest way to see what to expect for a particular flight is to look at the seat map for that flight.

If it shows a CW seat map, then BA currently expects it to be a CW aircraft. If it shows a CS seat map, then BA currently expects it to be a CS aircraft.

Nothing is nailed on by any means, but that’s your best indicator.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well if today is anything to go by then no, Club Suites today.
Nor yesterday.
ratechaser likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
The easiest way to see what to expect for a particular flight is to look at the seat map for that flight.

If it shows a CW seat map, then BA currently expects it to be a CW aircraft. If it shows a CS seat map, then BA currently expects it to be a CS aircraft.

Nothing is nailed on by any means, but that’s your best indicator.
Yes I've done that already. And it's all old CW. So I guess I'm just trying to gauge if there are frequent swap outs on this route, or if there is a broader CS rollout scheduled soon.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:12 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I have flown to/from Bahrain 4 or 5 times last year and it was always Club Suites.

Unsure if BA have changed the aircraft type now though
ratechaser likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I have flown to/from Bahrain 4 or 5 times last year and it was always Club Suites.

Unsure if BA have changed the aircraft type now though
I just booked in early February and it's old F outbound and CW as opposed to CS coming back on 11/2

Supplementary question - this leaves/arrives from T3. It's been a while, so I guess the SOP here is to breakfast in the CX F lounge and then a glass of LPGS in the BA lounge.

What are the Arrivals arrangements in T3 or do we have to schlep over to T5? Was planning to sleep on the way back and pass on the catering ready for a shower and breakfast in Arrivals.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Ah I'd not noticed the T3 aspect. A rare opportunity for a bit of J lounge crawling then!
Steve74 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I'm flying this route in 2 weeks and have looked into Club Suites availability.

For most flights it is the old style Club World seat, but twice a week it gets the new Club Suites. The Thursday and Sunday outbound (LHR-BAH) is usually Club Suites and the Friday and Monday inbound (BAH-LHR) is usually Club Suites too. Seems to be aligned to give people going over/back for the working week a better experience.

Of course, the aircraft can be swapped at any time but that seems to be the pattern for now.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
Supplementary question - this leaves/arrives from T3. It's been a while, so I guess the SOP here is to breakfast in the CX F lounge and then a glass of LPGS in the BA lounge.
F dining (for F pax only) in the BA T3 lounge is quite smart. I'd put that on par with the CX F lounge in terms of quality.... possibly slightly ahead depending on your preference to noodle or not to noodle. The CX F lounge overall still has a nicer ambulance to it than the BA Galleries lounge. OWE status holders and their +1's not flying in F tend to gravitate towards CX F I find.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
The CX F lounge overall still has a nicer ambulance to it than the BA Galleries lounge.
Sounds like we need a new comparator for lounge reviews.
cgtechuk and 1Aturnleft like this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:32 am

Programs: Yeah, well, don’t really care anymore
Could be old, could be new. You'll only know for sure when you check-in for the flight.

... I guess the SOP here is to breakfast in the CX F lounge and then a glass of LPGS in the BA lounge....
SOP varies from person to person. My personal SOP is "to be at the airport as late as possible", and that means straight from check-in to boarding without stopping anywhere along the way. I have zero motivation for being at the airport early, just in order to consume free alcohol and food.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Gold
What are the Arrivals arrangements in T3 or do we have to schlep over to T5? Was planning to sleep on the way back and pass on the catering ready for a shower and breakfast in Arrivals.
If travelling in J or F or are OWE then you can use the AA Arrivals Lounge in T3
Old Jan 8, 2024, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Foofighter69
Sounds like we need a new comparator for lounge reviews.
If by comparator you mean Goldie's maxing out on £200 booze cruises in Club to BUD/SOF then I'm sure the CX Flounge is definitely the way to go to.
If you're travelling BA F then IMO the BA Flounge is now a strong dining contender (if your ticket permits entry) 👍
Old Jan 9, 2024, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Well in the end I did book and UUA, even though its currently showing as old CW for both legs. Maybe I'll get lucky.

More relevant though (to the direction this thread has taken) is that as a mere silver flying business, I'll be restricted to the J lounges. It's been a long time since I last flew out of T3, so will be interesting to see if much has changed. Last time I was there, the BA F lounge had self pour JW Blue in it - bet that's a thing of the past!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.