Wiki Posts
Search

Euro traveller catering

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Euro traveller catering

Okay, this will be a bit of a short thread, but hopefully useful to keep track of changes in the 'catering' down the back.

Today's (7 Jan 2024) OSL-LHR (Band 2) saw a positive enhancement - the 15g of pretzels had been replaced with a full-size (despite the photo) Foxes Rocky chocolate biscuit, or a graze savory snack.

DaveS, Sealink and RockyRobin like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 8:49 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
Originally Posted by CKBA
Okay, this will be a bit of a short thread, but hopefully useful to keep track of changes in the 'catering' down the back.

Today's (7 Jan 2024) OSL-LHR (Band 2) saw a positive enhancement - the 15g of pretzels had been replaced with a full-size (despite the photo) Foxes Rocky chocolate biscuit, or a graze savory snack.
£1.25 for a pack of 7 in Tesco (cheapskates). I used to buy them until mid last year when they were £1 for 8. Damned shrinkflation.
flarmip, dddc and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Pretty recent change as January 3rd was still microscopic bag of pretzels. Not sure which microscopic snack would be preferable. To be honest, just stop at the water....
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Maybe I'm being naive, but surely the re-introduction of complimentary tea and coffee in Euro Traveller cabins would be a quick and relatively cheap win for BA.
Perhaps even with a small packet of biscuits?
Sealink likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Talking

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
Pretty recent change as January 3rd was still microscopic bag of pretzels. Not sure which microscopic snack would be preferable. To be honest, just stop at the water....
Can you imagine the uproar on here if they did that?!
CPH-Flyer likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:25 pm

For those who may have missed it:

Originally Posted by Can I help you
New for EuroTraveller a choice of sweet or savoury free snack.

Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That looks alarmingly like a real enhancement rather than the usual version from BA.

I really hope they don’t try and do coffee - it invariably tastes meh on board. Tea drinkers shouldn’t be allowed on a plane 😉 (other opinions are available, but they are wrong).
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Can you imagine the uproar on here if they did that?!
I guess the point of anything is better than nothing kicks in. But to be honest the pretzel bag is so small it is just a joke. Why not just get rid of it?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I guess the point of anything is better than nothing kicks in. But to be honest the pretzel bag is so small it is just a joke. Why not just get rid of it?
They have
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:36 pm

Get coffee and cake with KLM look forward to it.

I am not fussy but never touch the water and cereal bar. Feel ungrateful when don’t take them.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They have
I know, but they could also get rid of the other ones. Had a weird cereal bar for breakkie, that was literally awful.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I really hope they don’t try and do coffee - it invariably tastes meh on board. Tea drinkers shouldn’t be allowed on a plane 😉 (other opinions are available, but they are wrong).
If you think BA tea is meh, you have been spared AA or UA tea.
juditha55 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by strowger
If you think BA tea is meh, you have been spared AA or UA tea.
anything that resembles tea or coffee would be fine for me.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:27 pm

Programs: Lufthansa Miles & More, BA Executive Club
On my WAW-LHR (Unsure what band it is!) flight on the 4th of Jan (before the new catering came in), I received a Corn snack which I haven't seen before on BA. Anyone else had this?
This was also a flight operated by Finnair.

Old Jan 7, 2024, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by IFlyPlanes
On my WAW-LHR (Unsure what band it is!) flight on the 4th of Jan (before the new catering came in), I received a Corn snack which I haven't seen before on BA. Anyone else had this?
This was also a flight operated by Finnair.

yes I had it on the 28th/29th Dec to and from Vienna. JapesUK also had the bbq version recently in ET

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.