Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When does tier change?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:10 am
Original Poster

When does tier change?

I recently earned enough tier points to reach silver status and my app reflects that with a “silver achieved” status, but my tier is still bronze.

I queried this with an agent recently and they said it was a bug since I had earned the tier points from a recent Amex promo. They said they would raise it with their tech team to rectify.

Two weeks on and I’m still bronze. I booked a flight yesterday and when I queried it with the agent this time they said it wasn’t a bug and I’m not upgraded until the tier period ends.

I was always under the impression the tier increased when earned?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
The agent is wrong, you should be upgraded as soon as you reach the appropriate threshold with TPs and number of BA flights.
You are then Silver until the end of the current exec club year and until your new card expires which is the end of the following year + c.2 months.
Are you sure you have 4 BA flights?

It can sometimes take 72hrs or so to push through to all of the relevant areas of BA's IT, but 2 weeks isn't right.
I could imagine the system is not treating the Amex promo TPs correctly.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Yeah I have 4 flights as per the screenshot below. Thanks for the advice sounds like I need to contact them again.

crazy8534 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:34 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
There seems to be a few things wrong with that picture.
It shouldn't say 'silver achieved' it should say 'progress to gold' (the next level)
Your name and card in the middle look weird as well.
Are you using the BAEC app or the BA app? The BA app requires you to go to 'My account' to see this stuff. The BAEC app on android seems to be rubbish.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:01 am
Original Poster

I actually can’t remember which app I took that screenshot from, I can’t find a similar page now.

In the BA app now I get:

You have two ways to progress to the next tier:

{{ thresholdPoints }} Tier Points and {{ thresholdFlights }} eligible flights
50 eligible flights

something obviously not right!
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:23 am

The BA Exec Club app doesn't show Tier levels or Tier points from what I can see, only the Avios balance. The screenshot above very much looks like the BA app, in-fact I'm sure it is.

The card in the middle of the screen displays the random ‘John Smith’ ‘1000 Avios’ on its face, however when one taps on it it should display the info related to the account, i.e correct name and balance.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
The BA Exec Club app doesn't show Tier levels or Tier points from what I can see, only the Avios balance. The screenshot above very much looks like the BA app, in-fact I'm sure it is.

The card in the middle of the screen displays the random ‘John Smith’ ‘1000 Avios’ on its face, however when one taps on it it should display the info related to the account, i.e correct name and balance.
Yes you’re right I’ve found it now. It is indeed the BA App.

Fellow Gib resident by any chance? (Rock?)

Mark
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by GibFlyer
Yes you’re right I’ve found it now. It is indeed the BA App.

Fellow Gib resident by any chance? (Rock?)

Mark
I’m not a Gib resident, however I visited many times. Hopefully your status updates to Silver. It’s a good tier level to have.
GibFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.