Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA experience at Newcastle (NCL) - with a pure belta new lounge!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA experience at Newcastle (NCL) - with a pure belta new lounge!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
‘A pure belta new lounge’ love the new thread title
Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mks6
When is the Newcastle DO on the Bigg Market then?!
I would pay to see that! Some of the esteemed denizens from the GF lounge mixing with some of the denizens of the Aspire eat and drink all you can in 3 hours lounge.
Mks6 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by bhbloke
I would pay to see that! Some of the esteemed denizens from the GF lounge mixing with some of the denizens of the Aspire eat and drink all you can in 3 hours lounge.
Bigg Market pub crawl? Dear heavens above the last time I tried that, well, actually, I don’t remember a whole lot after about 9pm
Sealink, bhbloke, Horatio and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by JapesUK
Bigg Market pub crawl? Dear heavens above the last time I tried that, well, actually, I don’t remember a whole lot after about 9pm
You wouldn’t remember the best bit then, some karaoke in Cosy Joes and then boogie to cheesy pop in Flares
Mks6 and JapesUK like this.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 2:11 pm

I'm new to the area, so if people want to be aeroplane friends, I'm game 😂.

​​​​
Old Jan 5, 2024, 2:19 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

My only memory of Newcastle was snogging a colleague on a rotating dance floor on the Tuxedo Princess in about 1988!
Old Jan 5, 2024, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGLfL
‘A pure belta new lounge’ love the new thread title
It perhaps could only have been improved with a " - MINT!" at the end.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by SaveECRewards
I believe that the Greggs in NCL is the only airport Greggs where you can pick up a stottie, therefore is the only proper Greggs at an airport
I’ve absolutely no idea what a “stottie” is but the Greggs at GLA sell some sort of Scottish gastronomic delight not available in my local stores. Can’t remember what is was but it could have been called a pie?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 2:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Probably a good enough excuse to post this classic https://www.slideshare.net/www.nagui...ish-nightclubs
noniron likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
I’ve absolutely no idea what a “stottie” is but the Greggs at GLA sell some sort of Scottish gastronomic delight not available in my local stores. Can’t remember what is was but it could have been called a pie?
A French Pie per chance?

They are being sold all over England and Wales and Northern Ireland [excluding Cornwall] at the moment along with Scotch Fries. Very yummy. Who'd have thought the French could have created something nearly as yummy as a sausage roll? The French are usually terrible at pastry. :-)

:-)

Last edited by abitwild; Jan 7, 2024 at 5:46 pm
Old Jan 7, 2024, 5:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A bridie maybe?.
Sealink, squawk and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
stotties, pictured at the Greggs at NCL

our_kid, DrBenO and madfish like this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
A bridie maybe?.
In my rush past Greggs at GLA last time I was there, I think they were selling Scotch Pies. I'd probably have stopped and bought a couple if they'd have had Bridies.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 3:25 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
At least 50% of folks seem to be getting secondary screened at the CT scanners today. My bag and coat were both flagged but then not searched. To add to the premium experience, we are boarding from gate 17 on to a bus and they did not call people in boarding groups.
JapesUK likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 5:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Radiation Station
At least 50% of folks seem to be getting secondary screened at the CT scanners today. My bag and coat were both flagged but then not searched. To add to the premium experience, we are boarding from gate 17 on to a bus and they did not call people in boarding groups.
you missed yesterday when two of the forum ambassadors got secondaries at the same time. I mean, if we can’t trust a ba forum ambassador, who can we trust these days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.