Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA experience at Newcastle (NCL) - with a pure belta new lounge!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA experience at Newcastle (NCL) - with a pure belta new lounge!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2023, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, Cartafreccia Oro
Originally Posted by DaveNCL
I hope after this investment they place the same priority on hourly and daily cleaning. During COVID they were deep cleaned but unfortunately they still went back to how they were in a matter of months with regular use.

Just for reference, the lounge are not accepting priority pass at the moment. With reduced capacity it’s the first to drop.
The press release says the lounge expansion should create an additional 17 jobs, hopefully cleaners will be included in that figure to keep the toilets and other public areas looking good.

Priority Pass was being accepted on Wednesday evening so there’s still a chance you can get in if that’s the only means you have to qualify but as capacity is limited at the moment I can see why they might be denying access more
Old Dec 30, 2023, 4:36 am

They haven’t been accepting priority pass for the last 5 years! 🤣
Old Dec 30, 2023, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Really impressed with the new lounge space when I was there this morning at about 4:30. Front desk staff very friendly and justifiably proud of the new space and took the time to show everyone entering where the toilets, coffee and food station are. Still a little louder than the old BA lounge with some clientele determined to drink their £30 worth even at that hour of the morning, but overall a massive improvement for NCL travelers.

Also went through the new (and really quite smart looking) fast track and new scanners. Prepared for the worst based on comments about but it was very quiet this morning about five people in the queue. My bag was not pulled for secondary and I was well under ten minutes total from drop off to lounge including checking in a suitcase.

It’s been a rough couple of years flying BA out of NCL but thinking (hoping!) better days are ahead.
Jackylad likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2023, 5:39 am

Nice thing is once the work has finished the vast majority in the ‘business’ section of the lounge will be status/business class customers from BA, KL, etc. Those who are frequent travellers often have different lounge expectation to those who are flying away on an annual holiday.

I seem to recall in another forum people were calling us snobs saying look at the BA passengers moaning about having to share a lounge with passengers flying to Magaluf. But they were missing the point. I want those who are flying off on holiday to be able to enjoy themselves but I also want those who want a quieter experience to enjoy themselves. Once finished this lounge seems the perfect solution to this
CatchThePigeon likes this.

Last edited by SaveECRewards; Dec 30, 2023 at 5:46 am
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by SaveECRewards
Have any of the former BA lounge people been assigned elsewhere within the airport?
Funny you ask this as one of the staff (whose name I can’t recall) was working at the baggage desk at the domestic baggage reclaim when I arrived at NCL on the 21st. I hadn’t seen her in ages but she clearly remembered me and it was good to have a quick chat with her while waiting for my daughter’s bags to arrive on the belt.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SaveECRewards
The Greggs at NCL is now 24 hour too and the only airport in the world with a proper Greggs 😁
Gatwick South has one, right by arrivals. So you can grab a steak bake whatever time you land.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:42 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by bhbloke
Gatwick South has one, right by arrivals. So you can grab a steak bake whatever time you land.
As does MAN T1.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
As well as Glasgow which is also open 24 hours each day, located just outside International arrivals.
DXB2745 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:47 am

I believe that the Greggs in NCL is the only airport Greggs where you can pick up a stottie, therefore is the only proper Greggs at an airport 😁 For some reason I remember the Greggs at MAN T1 as the first place I used a contactless card
Nimrod1965 and madfish like this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Looking forward to trying the new lounge on Sunday! Has anyone had any issues with BA customers being turned away? I'm always conscious of third party lounges.

On an aside, as a quick flight up and back, I'm going economy, but I'm being "offered" a staggering £1,000 upgrade for the return flight to Club Europe!
Old Jan 2, 2024, 4:06 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Sounds great. As an optimist, I avoided this thread for a while, but glad to see NCL is now an attractive option. I was always pleased with my visits back in the days of the BA lounge.

As an optimist with OCD issues, I wonderd if the thread title might be updated, including to spread some sunshine to the BA board? : )
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
Looking forward to trying the new lounge on Sunday! Has anyone had any issues with BA customers being turned away? I'm always conscious of third party lounges.
Even in the Dungeon Lounge, BA customers were not turned away. If it happened it would have been exceptional or the lounge was simply closed for the night. So there's no risk now, the simply restrict Priority Pass and walk-ups if they need to keep numbers down.
Coffeemadman likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Dan72
As an optimist with OCD issues, I wonderd if the thread title might be updated, including to spread some sunshine to the BA board? : )
I nearly did this with the 1 January refresh - or rather started with a new thread to represent the chapter change here. Any views from the NCL regulars ? I guess it would start with the photos in post 482.
Dan72 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:40 am

A new thread would be great. It is a significant change and will serve as a good base of future knowledge from Page 1.

When is the Newcastle DO on the Bigg Market then?!
Old Jan 2, 2024, 5:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I nearly did this with the 1 January refresh - or rather started with a new thread to represent the chapter change here. Any views from the NCL regulars ? I guess it would start with the photos in post 482.
works for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.