Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA experience at Newcastle (NCL) - with a pure belta new lounge!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA experience at Newcastle (NCL) - with a pure belta new lounge!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I am in the highly unusual position of needing to check luggage for the 0940 flight tomorrow- is anyone aware of what time the desks open?
In Manage My Booking it says 2 hours

Gastrocnemius and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
I am in the highly unusual position of needing to check luggage for the 0940 flight tomorrow- is anyone aware of what time the desks open?

(to quote Dr Mrs Gastrocnemius, "do you mean I can take whatever liquids I want this time???")

Thank you
Two hours before
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Glad to see the airbridge is working again
Old Mar 21, 2024, 4:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, FlyingBlue Gold, Hilton Gold, Mucci des repas d'enfant
There was a question a while back as to what the draft beers are. A sign out this morning confirming it is Moretti and Heineken

Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Is the way in via the original Aspire entrance or can you get in via the old door that was the entrance to the BA lounge ?

Are most of the flights using the gate 3 jet bridge now?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Is the way in via the original Aspire entrance or can you get in via the old door that was the entrance to the BA lounge ?

Are most of the flights using the gate 3 jet bridge now?
The door location - on the shared corridor - hasn't moved (much) and I did wonder if they could put a door out to the gate 1-3 corridor but I can see the complications if a KLM customer used it by mistake. All three flights so far today have gone out via gate 3, and the 16:55 flight is due out from there too. There's every incentive on Swissport to use that gate, other gates tie down more staff.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:25 am
Original Poster

The last legacy scanner has been so much dismantled that there is now only CT scanners that can be used at NCL. However the airport has not yet formally opened up the prospect of bringing larger liquids through security. My speculation is that if a larger liquid ends up in secondary then it needs to be tested - which doesn't take long - but at this stage of training there is a high level of secondaries. Hence this isn't (yet) the time to encourage liquids. But like LHR's First Wing the reality that liquids, unofficially, are allowed through. Just be aware that the container may need to be opened for testing.
KARFA, XXTSGR and JapesUK like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The last legacy scanner has been so much dismantled that there is now only CT scanners that can be used at NCL. However the airport has not yet formally opened up the prospect of bringing larger liquids through security. My speculation is that if a larger liquid ends up in secondary then it needs to be tested - which doesn't take long - but at this stage of training there is a high level of secondaries. Hence this isn't (yet) the time to encourage liquids. But like LHR's First Wing the reality that liquids, unofficially, are allowed through. Just be aware that the container may need to be opened for testing.
Thank you for the update CWS - I had a post on Facebook from Newcastle airport talking about accepting 2 litres of liquid (?) which appeared last week and before I got a chance to read through it disappeared as quickly as it came. I tried searching for it on FB and the NCL media news section of the website etc with nothing viewable. I did wonder if it was posted in error.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:13 pm

Not sure which side of the lounge I was in as it was my first time here but was led to the left when presenting BP. For some reason he needed my executive club number as well.

Impressive lounge though, I must say. Bean to cup coffee very much appreciated and probs the quickest coffee machine I’ve used. Love the decor and crockery. It was nice to overhear the staff member saying how much she loves her job since working in the lounge since December.

only gripe with NCL was the fact the toilet handwash taps only dispense cold water. My pet hate in airports.

LCSinTexas and JapesUK like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:14 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
that is the middle tier of the three lounge areas, known as "luxe".
LCSinTexas and JapesUK like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:31 pm

They could do with stocking the fridge!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by StuMcGrew
They could do with stocking the fridge!
they were closing 10 mins later
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:50 pm

When does 'busy' season kick in for Newcastle?

It'll be interesting to see security and the lounge working under the 6 pints by 6am crowd.

​​​​​
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Start of May I think?

I don’t think the lounge will be an issue due to airline customers being put into the smaller luxe area. Regulars will go in the old part extended into the BA lounge I’m guessing.

Security must be better than last summer?
Mks6 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:55 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mks6
When does 'busy' season kick in for Newcastle?

It'll be interesting to see security and the lounge working under the 6 pints by 6am crowd.

​​​​​
this is the whole point of have a three tier lounge tho compared to pre refurb. The lounge is much bigger now, and you may expect the “6 pints by 6am” crowd will be in the lounge side to the right of reception, not the luxe area which ba use.
Mks6 and JapesUK like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.