Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List beginner's guide | 2024

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:09 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by KARFA
yes, and i think folks on FT sometimes said the same based on the site. but it isn't correct. from 7k upwards at each 1k increment you get the choice of 2xGUF1s, joker, or 50k avios. that continues applying at 10k TPs, 11k TPs, 12k TPs, 13k TPs, etc.
You've made me grumpy now! 13k TPs last year and nothing beyond 9k. Email about to go!
australienne likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Upcoming tier point membership year changes - GGL specific questions

Has it been clarified by BA how Jokers and Partner cards will be handled next year?

On the basis I requalify for GGL on 8th March 2025, will I receive a fresh set of Partner cards immediately (and Jokers) and then they expire if not used by the end of March, followed by a new set of everything on the 1st April for the new year start (based on earning enough TPs between April 24 and March 25)? I.e. I’ll receive two sets one month apart albeit the first set are only valid for three weeks.

Specific scenario:-
I’m a March 8th member.
I normally gift my cards to F&F. This coming year I am gifting to my two daughters. Their existing Silver membership expires December 8th.. I would normally gift them Silver on February 1st to maximise the benefit. So I’m wondering if I hold off gifting the Silver to them until March 2025 that makes more sense and allows me to gift my March 2024 cards to someone else. Based on the possibility of receiving two sets of partner cards in March and April 2025 respectively.
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Does the 5000TP qualification apply for the first year you make GGL only, or for the first year of a continuous set of years in which you make GGL and then requalify for it?

ie. Could I make GGL in 2024 with 5000TP, then drop to Gold or Silver in 2025, and subsequently earn 3000TP in 2026 to regain GGL? Or would I have to start again from 5000 to make GGL in 2026 because I wasn’t GGL the year after I first qualified for GGL?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by salut0
Does the 5000TP qualification apply for the first year you make GGL only, or for the first year of a continuous set of years in which you make GGL and then requalify for it?

ie. Could I make GGL in 2024 with 5000TP, then drop to Gold or Silver in 2025, and subsequently earn 3000TP in 2026 to regain GGL? Or would I have to start again from 5000 to make GGL in 2026 because I wasn’t GGL the year after I first qualified for GGL?
To renewal GGL (while being GGL) is 3,000 TP.
To 'upgrade' to GGL (while being Gold) is 5,000 TP (even if you've been GGL in the past)

So in your scenario, you'd need the full 5,000TP
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:15 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I'm flying through dallas on my way back to the UK. The flight to dallas has just picked up a 5 hour delay and I will miss my flight connection back to the uk.
The flights are American metal but the ticket is finnair (105). Can the ggl line help me to reschedule or will I have to call American or finnair please?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by firstlight
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I'm flying through dallas on my way back to the UK. The flight to dallas has just picked up a 5 hour delay and I will miss my flight connection back to the uk.
The flights are American metal but the ticket is finnair (105). Can the ggl line help me to reschedule or will I have to call American or finnair please?
ba have nothing to do with the flights or ticket here so they can’t assist.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by KARFA
ba have nothing to do with the flights or ticket here so they can’t assist.
Thanks, I thought that was the case. I've been rebooted automatically and my transatlantic flight is now BA metal...
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:58 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by firstlight
Thanks, I thought that was the case. I've been rebooted automatically and my transatlantic flight is now BA metal...
I appreciate this typo. I do hope it was intentional!
firstlight likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:12 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Markie
You've made me grumpy now! 13k TPs last year and nothing beyond 9k. Email about to go!
So, just to update what has happened:

- BA have issued my 7k, 8k, 9k for this year
- They have agreed that they will credit awards for 10k, 11k, 12k and 13k last year

All in all very generous on behalf of BA.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci

- They have agreed that they will credit awards for 10k, 11k, 12k and 13k last year

That's a nice result.
I'm not sure I could handle x8 GUF1s but 200k avios can always be put to good use!
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 2:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

That is a splendid result, I have never been awarded anything for 10k and above 👍🏻 (although this was pre-covid).
Markie and crazy8534 like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:00 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
I would like to thank my agent, my parents, and FTers

After a year of more LH I’ve finally got to GGL. Thanks to FTers for great advice along the way. Looking forward to getting the FT sub-group private invitation…

Just thought a data point was worth making: my final flight TPs posted today (Saturday) after flying on Wednesday, but very early as I woke up to an email sent at 0143am titled ‘Exec Club Request Received’ advising my requested (?) welcome pack was on its way and another telling me of the partner cards. I’ve not had some sort of ‘welcome to GGL’ email, which is a bit strange, but my account had changed and it’s all official. I was expecting another day’s wait but there you go.
KARFA, crazy8534, Mekko and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Congratulations

Also remember to arrange a date for your initiation paddling
TheJayHatch and m8_rotate like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
After a year of more LH I’ve finally got to GGL. Thanks to FTers for great advice along the way. Looking forward to getting the FT sub-group private invitation…

Just thought a data point was worth making: my final flight TPs posted today (Saturday) after flying on Wednesday, but very early as I woke up to an email sent at 0143am titled ‘Exec Club Request Received’ advising my requested (?) welcome pack was on its way and another telling me of the partner cards. I’ve not had some sort of ‘welcome to GGL’ email, which is a bit strange, but my account had changed and it’s all official. I was expecting another day’s wait but there you go.
Congratulations! I just achieved the same milestone this week too. I got my GGL Welcome email (Saturday) a couple of days after I got the email notifying me that my GGL Welcome Pack (Thursday) had been ordered on my behalf. Note, there seems to be a consistent experience that your two Jokers won't be added to your account until a further 24 hours at least from when you received the Welcome Pack email. I'm T+2 since making GGL and the Welcome Pack email and yet to have the Jokers registered for my account, although we have two public holidays this weekend in the UK, so not expecting them until Tuesday at the earliest.
TheJayHatch likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by digbydare
Congratulations! I just achieved the same milestone this week too. I got my GGL Welcome email (Saturday) a couple of days after I got the email notifying me that my GGL Welcome Pack (Thursday) had been ordered on my behalf. Note, there seems to be a consistent experience that your two Jokers won't be added to your account until a further 24 hours at least from when you received the Welcome Pack email. I'm T+2 since making GGL and the Welcome Pack email and yet to have the Jokers registered for my account, although we have two public holidays this weekend in the UK, so not expecting them until Tuesday at the earliest.
I don't think you ever see the jokers in your account or elsewhere online. You have to call the GGL line and ask them.
Markie and crazy8534 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.