Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2024 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 1, 2024, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Four letter codes are explained in post 1 - kindly read the summary.
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Reason for flight delay or cancellation - 2024 edition

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by nathanliu
Afternoon! Do you know the reason for BA212's cancellation today (BOS-LHR). Looks technical, tomorrow's is uniquely 78X, despite this currently being operated by a 351.
I think it's simply down to the outbound 213 flight being cancelled. So for the same reason that flight was cancelled.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by AJA_
I think it's simply down to the outbound 213 flight being cancelled. So for the same reason that flight was cancelled.
And what is that reason
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Monday 18 March 2024

Two or three cancellations, one I am not sure about:

BA213 BOS
BA354 NCE
BA9157 GRU

The last one isn't a regular flight number so there's something more to that. This gives 339 BA departures today from LHR. Timekeeping is so-so again. The afternoon ATC report is:

Landing RWY: 27L
Airborne holding (mins): 6
Departure RWY: 27R
TSAT delay average (mins): 0

Network: 28 Regulations across Europe. LIRN (Naples) Arrivals regulated throughout the day due to ATC Equipment (ongoing RADAR maintenance) - High delays.
LPPT (Lisbon) Arrivals regulated due to Aerodrome capacity - Moderate delays.

Weather :. A brighter afternoon, with increasing higher cloud in the evening.
Originally Posted by nathanliu
And what is that reason

BA213 - no code allocated but due to A350 serviceability. TECY by deduction.

BA354 - TECY

BA9157 - this is due to the double night stop of BA246 of the 16th which has been stuck in GRU with multiple tech issues. Hoping to get itself back to departing GRU in a few hours time as BA246D. Rescue ship cancelled hence why BA9157 appears on the list.

EDIT: XWBJ on its way to GRU as BA9155P to act as a recovery.

Last edited by Sigwx; Mar 18, 2024 at 12:01 pm
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sigwx
BA213 - no code allocated but due to A350 serviceability. TECY by deduction.
thanks so much, friend on the flight was looking for EU261 advice - now expertflyer doesn’t work not sure where else to look!
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:45 am

Hi there, I was booked on BA856 LHR to PRG this afternoon but have woken up to an email to say it has been cancelled. Just wondering whether anyone is able to tell me the reason for cancellation?
Any help appreciated.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:05 am

Tuesday 19th March

Canx list as follows;

BA181 EWR - DAMN. The cause is yet another accidentally blown slide on G-YMMT in NAS which has caused a seat reduction of 52 occupants. Should really be DAMY, so armed with this info proceed via CEDR after 8 weeks or “our decision will not change” from BA.

BA790 GOT - TECY
BA856 PRG - TECY
BA780 ARN - DAMY
BA392 BRU - DAMY

ATC update
Morning Operational update
07:51 19 Mar
Airborne holding (mins): 45 mins peak
Network: EGLLTC 43/60 0630-1100 due weather
Inbound emergency traffic landing 27L ETA 0836 will block the RWY briefly due nosewheel steering issue.
Routine RWY insp will be carried out at the same time.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by CaraPop
Hi there, I was booked on BA856 LHR to PRG this afternoon but have woken up to an email to say it has been cancelled. Just wondering whether anyone is able to tell me the reason for cancellation?
Any help appreciated.
It has been cancelled due to mechanical issues. Still seats available on both later services.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:06 am

Thank you
Sigwx likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Wednesday 19 March - extra

An on the day cancel here:

BA191 AUS

This was due out at 12:10, and the passengers probably felt lucky since the A35K aircraft (G-XWBN?) was due out of gate A18, but it was cancelled at 16:00 or thereabouts. I don't know the reason but that's usually technical.
Sigwx likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Wednesday 19 March - extra

An on the day cancel here:

BA191 AUS

This was due out at 12:10, and the passengers probably felt lucky since the A35K aircraft (G-XWBN?) was due out of gate A18, but it was cancelled at 16:00 or thereabouts. I don't know the reason but that's usually technical.
Yes tech issue, all fuel related.TECY
IMH and corporate-wage-slave like this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by Sigwx
Saturday 2nd of March

Not the most punctual day today outbound from LHR, but a vast improvement on inbounds vs yesterday.

1 BA cancellation so far ex LHR.

BA 283 - DAMN - Engine 2 cowl damage on G-STBJ.

Oh note today is BA’s baggage performance which is woefully below HAL SLAs - just 19% within the SLA vs 50% yesterday.

I actually submitted a claim for this and had a response back that it was out of their control. Is there much history of anyone having success arguing the case with BA on these? Or one to take on the chin?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Mutandegrande
I actually submitted a claim for this and had a response back that it was out of their control. Is there much history of anyone having success arguing the case with BA on these? Or one to take on the chin?
Their response matches their internal records (which wrongly say there's no compensation entitlement) so it's not going to change if you ask them to review it. So realistically this has to go to CEDR, where they will hopefully give this rejection short shrift. Of course BA may capitulate before it comes to a final decision.

To proceed to CEDR you need to get a "final response" email from BA or to wait until 8 weeks after you submitted your claim.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum
If anyone has the know how it would be helpful to know why BA4450 RTM-LCY is cancelled this evening please.

thanks

Last edited by BigJ.; Mar 20, 2024 at 7:22 am
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by BigJ.
If anyone has the know how it would be helpful to know why BA4450 RTM-LCY is cancelled this evening please.

thanks
Shortage of Captains, FCRY.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Wednesday 20 March 2024

Today's cancellations are

BA229 BWI
BA107 DXB

Good punctuality today, 324 BA departures. The ATC report for this morning:

ATC Updates
Airborne holding (mins): Avg 4mins

Network: LECB (Barcelona)Levante core regulated due to ATC Capacity. Moderate delays Amsterdam Capacity. Low delays.

Weather: : A generally cloudy day with possibly isolated spots of rain or drizzle during the morning, then staying mild and dry for the rest of the day. Some sunny spells may develop during the afternoon. Light S-SW'ly winds becoming NW'ly this evening.
Sigwx likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.