Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your BA predictions for 2024

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2023, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Your BA predictions for 2024

Happy new year all.

Here are my predictions for BA in 2024

- A huge improvement to LHR lounges will be revealed

​​- Some great fares will come into view as premium leisure travels drop off and business travel struggles to rebound

- Group 0 will be rolled out across the network but boarding will remain chaotic

- We will hear more about the new F seat

- The GGL will get a revamp

- There will be far fewer gold card holders

- LPGS will still taste magnificent

- The Chelsea Lounge will still be a .... show
Old Dec 31, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
My prediction's are that BA will continue to be a mediocre airline (at best), the T5 GF Lounge will continue to be a horrible experience, but it will remain one of the easiest Oneworld carriers to earn/maintain status on.

Regards
NoY, SpeedbirdLHR, lhrsfo and 13 others like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 8:56 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
US east coast becomes CE/ET band 4.
The BA app occasionally shows future flights...
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:02 am

Programs: BA GGL
Probably about time they retired the A380s.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Or if they don’t then we will continue to have a love-hate relationship with them
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:14 am

Optimistic maybe but I hope (more for the sake of the war ending) that flights to TLV resume.
BONDY, tedcruz, ubiest and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Honours Diamond
British Airways, Iberia, Vueling, Aer Lingus, LEVEL all get re-branded as IAG, allowing them to offer the lowest level of service across the group. 😉
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:29 am

The British Airways/Executive Club Forum will continue to be the most entertaining thing on FlyerTalk.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
The works on the First Wing from Jan to April will run at least two months over schedule.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Happy New Year all!
  • Double TP BAH offer will be extended again
  • KUL will restart

My crystal ball isn’t much stronger than that!
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
Happy new year all.
- A huge improvement to LHR lounges will be revealed
I do expect T5 lounge improvements, but not huge. The A lounges are much harder to refurb than T5B which is much quieter. They'll block off sections to refurb, but won't be anything huge and there will no doubt be complaints on here that T5A lounges are even busier due to the limited space.

My issue isn't the T5A lounges, it's the lounges within US airports such as Austin. The AA lounge is so poor I dread going in there and won't improve now AA has pulled a lot of its Austin routes.
Arsey00, camdentown and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
The BA 'IT Intern' will continue to 'enhance' the website, and as a consequence it will fail to delivery the promises made by the 'marketing intern'. Though that's probably a good thing, as marketing never listens to the customers.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
My prediction is that BA will continue to improve, albeit more slowly than most of us on FT would like. In terms of some specifics:
  1. IT will actually improve, though there will be setbacks on the journey.
  2. Management will get to grips with some issues around service and boarding at LHR, but it will continue to be hindered by the management of the airport itself.
  3. Business travel continue to recover in terms of passenger volume, but it will take some years before the recovery is seen in premium classes. So BA will continue to court premium leisure passengers.
  4. The above point means that the BAH bonus TPs will be extended into 2025, but may be less generous (maybe 50% uplift, or only for travel in premium classes).
Finally, as a totally crazy outlier, given Boeing’s continued issues, IAG may start to have second thought about that big 737 order.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver | Hilton Honors - Gold
  1. BA will announce a time line for the LHR lounge complex. I suspect a T5C Lounge in the offing.
  2. BA IT starts to stabilise, with a more consistent experience
  3. OUTLIER - BA announce 737 Max for Euroflyer, LGW airbus transfers back to LHR as max is delivered.
  4. BA announce 772 replacement (opinion will be 78X) and some additional A350s for overall fleet expansion.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
BA PR team will keep trying to sell us all sorts of services and upgrades. The A350 CS main service will be reduced from 3:30 hours to 3:20 and will be promoted as a massive change. The CEO will keep going around and telling the media how premium the airline is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.