Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2024, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: nufnuf77
Welcome to the thread. This is a continuation of the highly popular 2023 Tier Point thread (found here). We keep track of other prices, as well as useful reference information for those planning tier point runs.

Please read the first few posts in this thread first as it contains lots of information which may answer your question.

This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below.

Current Promotions of Interest
Sale Fares

Advanced Promotion Fares

See here in post 12 for an 2024 archive of sale fares.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread lists attractive tier point (TP) runs under £3 per TP grouped within different (departure) geographies

Please note that current availability is not guaranteed and all prices include taxes. Please use the following convention when adding tier point runs to this wiki post:
Date fare checked Price per Tier Point Total Price Total Tier Points Route Booking Classes Booking Channel Credit Notes (if applicable) Airlines

Please remember to:
  • Convert currencies to GBP, rounding to the nearest pound.
  • Post full routes and full booking classes.
  • Note any restrictions on booking in the Notes section.
  • List in order of price per tier point within the relevant departure area.

Please see the links at the bottom of the wiki for archives of runs from previous years.

From Europe

From North, Central and South America

From Middle East, Asia and Australasia

CAI-LHR-HEL-JFK-LAX-SFO return for 1800gbp earning 960 Tps

From Africa

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need a year-end TP run (ex-LON) to make / retain status?
Some tips for searching for the year-end TP run for newcomers, the below is indicative only, but hopefully provides a bit of guidance for relatively straightforward runs ex-LON. Some information on how to use ITA matrix is in post XX of this thread (or just click here) along with these ideas, might come in handy. Feel free to share results, problems or general questions in the thread as these may not always work and there might be better deals out there...

For overnight trips remember to check BA and Iberia for their flights and hotel option as well, can get hotel for almost no extra cost at times

Need 80 TPs or fewer
Club Europe return somewhere close by is best - DUB, AMS and JER usually cheapest along with UK domestic returns. Additionally you may find that trips in to mainland Europe require a one night stay whereas the cheapest domestic CE returns do not have any minimum stay so can be booked as a same day return. If doing a back to back AMS and JER can be easier than DUB for an immediate turnaround - more information can be found in the back to back thread listed in the forum dashboard. The BA.com low fare finder can be very useful.

If you need as few as 45 TPs you might consider booking economy flights and hoping for a proactive online upgrade offer - but they're not guaranteed to materialise (so not one if you have no more time left in your TP collection year). Alternatively, booking a return to one of the 40 tier point destinations with one way in CE and the return in ET (or vice versa if cheaper). UK domestic route, Bilbao, Jersey and Amsterdam seem the most cost effective for this.

Need 85-120 TPs
Iberia flights via MAD to regional Spanish airports will get you 120 TPs as the domestic Spanish flights are 20 TPs in business. Under £300 including hotel can be available. Check BIO, GRX, VLC, BCN, SVQ etc. Example here

Need 125-160 TPs
Take a look at the shorthaul plus routes earning 80 TPs each way in business listed in the post XXX of this thread (here), MLA, IST, HEL and RAK are usually available. If time sensitive take a look at BA flight and hotel option to HEL, where you can usually get the last BA flight out on a Saturday, airport hotel and first return Sunday for well under £500.

Alternative options include positioning to JER and flying JER-LGW-XXX (AMS usually works well and avoids switching airports).

Need more than 160 TPs
You'll most likely be heading north then - OSL or VNO via HEL will get you 240 TPs, as will JER-LGW/LHR-HEL e.g. LHR-HEL-OSL for £520.
DUB-LHR-HEL return (or return to LHR) is currently a very efficient way of hitting 200-240 TPs

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point Runs | 2024 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:41 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by pumatwin
Comes out 80 TP, according to BA calculator. Agree it is not great value. However, am limited to weekends.
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
Interesting it's 80 TP for a non-BA flight - learn something every day...
Old Mar 26, 2024, 6:14 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold

Stumbled across this while investigating this NYK->MEX stuff. 840 TP from Maui in Hawaii to Mexico City for £1693

If you combined this with a Hawaii ex-EU run I think you'd get Gold Status in one trip. Though it would be a bit bonkers flight-wise.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I booked a TP run/ holiday from BUD to LAX with some time to explore some National Parks and returning via HEL to AGP. (The annual America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass is great value by way.)
My return arrives Malaga at 00:25 and now I’m struggling to find out what on earth to do in Malaga when arriving after midnight, in terms of hiring a car or finding a nearby hotel which allows check-in at that time. Any tips or suggestions from someone who has been on that late Finnair flight please?

Last edited by SkiSunday; Mar 27, 2024 at 2:59 pm
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little run in October to somewhere in Florida.

I usually do West Coast but we want to try Florida.

We usually go via Dublin but are happy to try anyway but I cannot find anything decent at the minute. £1500 is the best so far and thats without stopping on the way over to help boost TPs.

Any pointers or if you've seen something of interest please let me know.

Cheers
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by SkiSunday
I booked a TP run/ holiday from BUD to LAX with some time to explore some National Parks and returning via HEL to AGP. (The annual America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Pass is great value by way.)
My return arrives Malaga at 00:25 and now I’m struggling to find out what on earth to do in Malaga when arriving after midnight, in terms of hiring a car or finding a nearby hotel which allows check-in at that time. Any tips or suggestions from someone who has been on that late Finnair flight please?
Grab a taxi into one of the larger hotels in town, no problems checking in that late.
SkiSunday likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by pumatwin
Comes out 80 TP, according to BA calculator. Agree it is not great value. However, am limited to weekends.
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...r/public/en_gb
A couple of months go you could slap AGP-HEL-LHR on the front on a lengthy US TP run and get a good haul (>1000 TPs) at a reasonable, though not spectacular, rate. (Useful if you wanted, say 5000 TPs and didn't fancy making 10 trips to CGK). I got two of those booked for this before it vanished like a TP run vampire exposed to the full glare of the corporate dawn.
salut0, pumatwin and timlewis808 like this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by SkiSunday
Luckily they rescheduled mine next month for a 1825 arrival so I can catch a a late (UX) flight out, as long as it's not too late. But I have the same question as you for an August flight. I was just going to head into town and see if I could find an all night bar then get the 0600 train to Madrid out. Hotels in August are not cheap.
SkiSunday likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by IanWorthington
Luckily they rescheduled mine next month for a 1825 arrival so I can catch a a late (UX) flight out, as long as it's not too late. But I have the same question as you for an August flight. I was just going to head into town and see if I could find an all night bar then get the 0600 train to Madrid out. Hotels in August are not cheap.
You could always just do a B2B back to HEL…
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
Originally Posted by eugegall
Hi all,

We usually go via Dublin but are happy to try anyway but I cannot find anything decent at the minute. £1500 is the best so far and thats without stopping on the way over to help boost TPs .

Cheers
Out of DUB you need to factor in 180 days advance purchase for better prices. I have found DUB-LHR-JFK-MIA departing 1 Nov and return via same routing for £1535. No different to your price but gets extra TPs via JFK (440TPs).
eugegall likes this.

Last edited by higham44; Mar 28, 2024 at 1:52 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by timlewis808
Interesting it's 80 TP for a non-BA flight - learn something every day...
Sometime back, maybe 2019, there was a very popular TP run, LHR-HEL-TLL (Tallinn) return. It yielded £200 TP, the HEL-TLL is small regional flight with economy only, hence 20TP, and was widely available for £232 I believe. That number stuck in my head. Tallinn is a nice weekend destination, and timing it right, from memory an early start on the return, you could get the Finnair A350 service to London, so a wide body experience for the longer flight. Finn also left from T3 which meant the (generally regarded as superior) lounge selection there on the outbound. It was pretty much the perfect Euro TP run. Those were the days….
Markie, flyerkit, squawk and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by eugegall
Hi all,

We usually go via Dublin but are happy to try anyway but I cannot find anything decent at the minute. £1500 is the best so far and thats without stopping on the way over to help boost TPs.

Cheers
DUB-LHR-XXX-CLT-YYY would be my guess here. XXX being East Coast entry, JFK, BOS or my guess for the cheapest would be PHL, then CLT as a hub and YYY being destination. You could try MIA, TPA, MCO, and some smaller ones like JAX, PBI, RSW if you’re not fussy about where in Florida. This should yield 520TP, from some very limited searches I can’t see anything sub £1500, so not great TP run value.
eugegall likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
I have tried to find a TP run with three segments in 1 day, originating from LHR (and return to LHR) since we are arriving from JFK early morning. They must be flights that qualify for qualification for earning Gold or Silver with the additional TPs earned flying in the US. I have run into a brick wall so far, so any assistance would be very much appreciated.
Not sure anyone replied to you but have you considered looking at flights to the Canary Islands via mainland Spain eg LHR-MAD then MAD-TFS then TFS-LHR? They can be flown on either IB or BA metal. If IB you have the choice of IB flight and IB metal or IB operated but with BA flight numbers.

Alternatively fly to Palma Mallorca via MAD but not sure if that's doable starting at LHR, you might have to hotfoot it over to LGW
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Canaries or even Spain would be difficult in terms of length of flight. Ideally you would find a cheap return to somewhere like Manchester or Newcastle. Given a date it'll be easier to have a look. Jersey is also good and a relatively foolproof B2B. You may be able to offset costs using the BA best price guarantee also.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:57 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Rather than heading to the Canaries, if you want to do it all in one day, stick to the Iberian peninsula. Straight LHR -AGP and back (with the return via MAD) would give the three sectors.
teemuflyer likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by higham44
Out of DUB you need to factor in 180 days advance purchase for better prices. I have found DUB-LHR-JFK-MIA departing 1 Nov and return via same routing for £1535. No different to your price but gets extra TPs via JFK (440TPs).
Returning to Spain, eg lhr-mad-bcn/etc, seemed to give better prices when I was looking at it last week. See posts passim.
higham44 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.