Wiki Posts
Search

BA holidays bonus tier points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2023, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA holidays bonus tier points

Hi all, feel free to move if already mentioned.

A lot of you may have read on Head for Points that bonus tier points from BA holidays, if awarded after your year end would not count towards renewing your status if posted after your year end. (But would count in previous years total)

Well, I can confirm in my experience last week, they will ‘backdate’ these and give you a further year of your status.

I had my status renewed for a further year when the points were awarded on 20th dec for a 08 Dec end date.

I called up and they sent an email to back office, and three days later I had an email saying I’d been renewed gold.

The bonus points didn’t appear in my transactions, but did appear in my lifetime points count.

For reference I was 1250 TP’s awaiting 280 bonus TP’s.

A bit of hope for those who may be in the same position I was. Always worth a call to BA.

Good luck!
Old Dec 25, 2023, 6:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Atlantic 101
Hi all, feel free to move if already mentioned.

A lot of you may have read on Head for Points that bonus tier points from BA holidays, if awarded after your year end would not count towards renewing your status if posted after your year end. (But would count in previous years total)

Well, I can confirm in my experience last week, they will ‘backdate’ these and give you a further year of your status.

I had my status renewed for a further year when the points were awarded on 20th dec for a 08 Dec end date.

I called up and they sent an email to back office, and three days later I had an email saying I’d been renewed gold.

The bonus points didn’t appear in my transactions, but did appear in my lifetime points count.

For reference I was 1250 TP’s awaiting 280 bonus TP’s.

A bit of hope for those who may be in the same position I was. Always worth a call to BA.

Good luck!
Head For Points are incorrect, they really should research their content more thoroughly. Bonus tier points are back dated to when they were earned. If your Membership Year ends before the TPs are awarded, the TPs are simply added to your lifetime balance. If the TPs would have caused an upgrade in status (or the earning of a GUF) then these will be manually awarded via the BAEC contact centre.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold
I took what HfP wrote to mean if the bonus posts after your year end BA won’t automatically recalculate status. I believe based on a number of posts here that’s true, not to say BA won’t then correct that if you contact them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.