Search

Flight Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: avios
Flight Cancelled

Hi

Was supposed to fiy from DUB to LHR BA0835 and onwards from LHR to IAD BA293 tomorrow Dec 21st.

Just found out that the flight has been cancelled.

Flying now on Dec 22nd

Flying First Class

Do I get compensation

Anyone know why the flight was cancelled?

Thanks
Mo
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by MoShannon
Do I get compensation
Probably, loads of info in the compensation thread

The 2023 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261 / UK261

Regarding the reason for the cancellation, keep an eye on this thread

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2106153-faq-reason-flight-delay-cancellation-2023-edition-210.html?ispreloading=1
MoShannon and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Can't help with the cancellation reason however there's space on all of the flights from DUB to LHR before that, so if you ring BA you should be able to stick with the 21st Dec. Although unfortunately it might be a bit late if you've already accepted the re-route. You might have to fly in economy (because EI doesn't do business).
MoShannon and becks1 like this.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 1:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The other thread in addition to the two mentioned above is:

Disruption Assistance thread - signposts and what you need to know
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:42 am

08.10 Manchester to Dublin cancelled

I have been keeping an eye on flight history as we are due to fly aer lingus on Saturday to Dublin and onward to New York
Seems like there is a few cancellations today… are they weather related or other issues? I’m worried anyway as we are only away 5 days for Christmas
Old Dec 21, 2023, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by Dino1037
I have been keeping an eye on flight history as we are due to fly aer lingus on Saturday to Dublin and onward to New York
Seems like there is a few cancellations today… are they weather related or other issues? I’m worried anyway as we are only away 5 days for Christmas
I've just posted a list of cancelled flights in the "Storm Pia" thread but I don't know whether these are weather related or not. Data from the Heathrow website so there might be a better source.

My feeling is that Saturday is a couple of days away so it's too soon to know, but I would keep an eye on that thread. If the forum does its usual thing, I suspect folk will be commenting as things develop.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by squawk
I've just posted a list of cancelled flights in the "Storm Pia" thread but I don't know whether these are weather related or not. Data from the Heathrow website so there might be a better source.
I was meant to be on the BA 0283 LHR-LAX flight and the text said ‘cancelled for Operational Reasons’ . Does this imply it’s not weather?
Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by above the clouds
I was meant to be on the BA 0283 LHR-LAX flight and the text said ‘cancelled for Operational Reasons’ . Does this imply it’s not weather?
Correct. Your BA283 is canx with a code of OPEY. The reason being the allocated aircraft G-YMMS has been ‘pinched’ and is currently on its way to POS to pick up a stranded BA2238 service from POS-LGW that is going no where at present due to issues with G-VIIP.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by MoShannon
Hi

Was supposed to fiy from DUB to LHR BA0835 and onwards from LHR to IAD BA293 tomorrow Dec 21st.

Just found out that the flight has been cancelled.

Flying now on Dec 22nd

Flying First Class

Do I get compensation

Thanks
Mo
BA 835 was cancelled due to the storm and flow rate restrictions so down as WEAN and not eligible for compensation. Duty of care elements still apply with further info on the links provided up thread.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC Gold (OWE)
Originally Posted by Sigwx
Correct. Your BA283 is canx with a code of OPEY. The reason being the allocated aircraft G-YMMS has been ‘pinched’ and is currently on its way to POS to pick up a stranded BA2238 service from POS-LGW that is going no where at present due to issues with G-VIIP.
Isn't that a club suite bird? Might be a few happy people in J when it arrives...
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the info. The BA281 I was rebooked on arrived with almost 2h delay also. So overall over 4h delay from original flight’s scheduled arrival time
Sigwx likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Where does one find these cancellation codes? It would be useful to know!
Old Dec 22, 2023, 3:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by DominicB
Where does one find these cancellation codes? It would be useful to know!
internal BA systems that some posters on here have access to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.