Wiki Posts
Search

Avios booking JNB to MAN

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2023, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Avios booking JNB to MAN

I was doing a dummy booking for 4 December 2024 but only the JNB to LHR flights are available, presumably because the LHR to MAN flight departs on the 5th. Do I need to phone to add it when it becomes available as if I book separately it will cost me additional Avios and it won’t be a through ticket.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 12:04 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
I was doing a dummy booking for 4 December 2024 but only the JNB to LHR flights are available, presumably because the LHR to MAN flight departs on the 5th. Do I need to phone to add it when it becomes available as if I book separately it will cost me additional Avios and it won’t be a through ticket.
Book JNB to LHR and then call to add LHR to MAN to the booking when it becomes available. Much harder to get Avios flights for routes to and from South Africa than for domestics, assuming that’s what you are trying to book.
MsCapricorn likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Just wait for LHR-MAN to become available and then book, JNB-MAN
Old Dec 16, 2023, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Just wait for LHR-MAN to become available and then book, JNB-MAN
By the time the LHR - MAN flights become available the JNB flights will have gone
Old Dec 17, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: Mucci; BAEC GGL; (In memoriam: KLM Flying Dutchman Royal Wing & FB Platinum Elite)
Book the long haul then phone to add the domestic when available, never been a problem when I have done it. It’s a frequent issue for those of us who don’t live in London and is well known to the booking teams. You will not be charged a booking change fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.