Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL Events

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2023, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question GGL Events

When & if are these events being resurrected?. Have not been invited to one for years. Last one was in Fortnums, that i was invited to, as I recall.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by col747uk
When & if are these events being resurrected?. Have not been invited to one for years. Last one was in Fortnums, that i was invited to, as I recall.
I've had invitations to something this month and a Flying Start thing in the New Year, so they are happening.
becks1 and Markie like this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 11:24 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
There was one in November (and additional linked to DreamFlight), one in December, one in January, and then a few across Feb & March.

Looks like they're running once a month, with a side focus of introducing new BA team members to the airlines most frequent flyers.

M
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
What’s the basis for getting an invite? GGLfL/5k+ GGL/other

As a 5K+ GGL I have only ever had an invite to one event.
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
What’s the basis for getting an invite? GGLfL/5k+ GGL/other

As a 5K+ GGL I have only ever had an invite to one event.
The most common thing is either being London based (because the UK events mostly happen in London), or being known by the LHR team to the point that they think you'd enjoy the event they're hosting.

I was invited to the November & January events off the back of philanthropic work I do (not linked to BA), opposed to anything else.

M
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by msm2000uk; Dec 15, 2023 at 2:33 pm
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, ex-EK IO, IC Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador, Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
The most common thing is either being London based (because the UK events mostly happen in London), or being known by the LHR team to the point that they think you'd enjoy the event they're hosting.

I was invited to the November & January events off the back of philathropic work I do (not linked to BA), opposed to anything else.

M
London-based is a key criterion. I have never had a single invite to one having been GGL from day 1 and GGLfL now :-(
Old Dec 15, 2023, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
I was invited to the November & January events off the back of philathropic
You must show me your stamp - 😉 - collection in January.

Doc Copper
nufnuf77 and JapesUK like this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:25 pm

Bummer, as non-London based GGL, surely they know we are also there a lot based on our flying patterns yet we aren’t invited.
Markie and Gastrocnemius like this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by becks1
Bummer, as non-London based GGL, surely they know we are also there a lot based on our flying patterns yet we aren’t invited.
I somehow think BA is a bit like Sir Humphrey who did not fancy relocating to Lossiemouth
Markie likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
You must show me your stamp - 😉 - collection in January.

Doc Copper
The irony is my Dad is a massive stamp collector, so I know my way round the philatelic bureau!

M
JapesUK likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 12:33 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by GGL Flyer
London-based is a key criterion. I have never had a single invite to one having been GGL from day 1 and GGLfL now :-(
Don't worry I am multi-year GGL and no invites either....and live on London.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GGL Flyer
I just hope somewhen in the future BA will invite their BAEC members outside of London or the UK. or give them Credit Cards or promotions aswell...
becks1 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Nephoi
I just hope somewhen in the future BA will invite their BAEC members outside of London or the UK. or give them Credit Cards or promotions aswell...
There have been events outside the UK, and GGL do keep watch - Switzerland, Thailand, Hong Kong, to name just a few events friends & family have been to.

M
Old Dec 16, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
It would be ironic if BA held a GGL event in Thailand when they no longer fly there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.