Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booked LATAM J with Avios points, how to reserve seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2023, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I booked tickets for my wife and I in LATAM J AKL-SYD with Avios points (separate accounts). I'd obviously like to get seats together, there are only a few options left. However LATAM's website does not accept my Avios confirmation number to manage the reservation and choose seats. What would be the best way of choosing seats so we can both sit together?

TIA!
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by jfdes
Hi, I booked tickets for my wife and I in LATAM J AKL-SYD with Avios points (separate accounts). I'd obviously like to get seats together, there are only a few options left. However LATAM's website does not accept my Avios confirmation number to manage the reservation and choose seats. What would be the best way of choosing seats so we can both sit together?

TIA!
The reason you cannot immediately access on the LATAM site is because BA/LA use separate booking systems. There will be an underlying LA booking reference associated with your BA redemption booking but ba.com doesn't show you this information.

If you access your BA booking reference via the Finnair or Royal Jordanian websites you should be able to assign your seat numbers there. Their front end systems essentially allow you to do more than you can on ba.com

Alternatively call/message/tweet BA for your underlying LA booking reference so that you can manage your booking on the LA website.
BA or bust likes this.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Dec 13, 2023 at 8:10 pm
Old Dec 13, 2023, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
The reason you cannot immediately access on the LATAM site is because BA/LA use separate booking systems. There will be an underlying LA booking reference associated with your BA redemption booking but ba.com doesn't show you this information.

If you access your BA booking reference via the Finnair or Royal Jordanian websites you should be able to assign your seat numbers there. Their front end systems essentially allow you to do more than you can on ba.com

Alternatively call/message/tweet BA for your underlying LA booking reference so that you can manage your booking on the LA website.
Thanks, was able to do it on the Royal Jordanian website!
Old Dec 13, 2023, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
May I ask how you booked these seats? Was it on ba.com?
Old Dec 14, 2023, 11:28 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Thought LATAM had left OW.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Thought LATAM had left OW.
They have but they're still a BA Exec Club flying partner.

You can still redeem avios for LA flights.
Similarly you can also add your BA Exec Club number to a LA cash booking and still earn Avios (no tier points however).
Old Dec 14, 2023, 12:09 pm

They have but they're still a BA Exec Club flying partner.

You can still redeem avios for LA flights.
Similarly you can also add your BA Exec Club number to a LA cash booking and still earn Avios (no tier points however).
I’ve got three flights with them in Chile soon. I’ll try to add my BA number! Thanks
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:10 pm

Not that I can work out any way to actually get the number into the bookings! I've sent a message to the helpdesk.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Not that I can work out any way to actually get the number into the bookings! I've sent a message to the helpdesk.
Have you tried via the Royal Jordanian website? As per original recommendation to the OP.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Dec 14, 2023 at 9:28 pm
Old Dec 15, 2023, 12:46 am

Have you tried via the Royal Jordanian website? As per original recommendation to the OP.
Thanks - I tried that: Couldn't find confirmation number error.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by srbrenna
May I ask how you booked these seats? Was it on ba.com?
Yes, BA.com. Was giving me a lot of issue but then it eventually went through. I messaged LATAM on Twitter and they confirmed the seats were booked correctly.

Btw, Royal Jordanian added an "M" to my middle initials... I think because my BA account is "M LastName" with the M signifying "Mr". Is that going to matter? My first and last name are correct
srbrenna likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.