Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Dear BA Santa, I've been a good boy [Remove unnecessary items from GGL renewal pack]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear BA Santa, I've been a good boy [Remove unnecessary items from GGL renewal pack]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond

Dear BA Santa,

I've been a good boy this year and collected 3,005 tier points* so you've sent me another nice shiny pack in the post.

I always appreciate receiving it but can I ask a little favour for next year please? I don't think of myself as a DYKWIA and am not someone that posts on the will they bring me a glass of champagne in Y thread to moan that they'll have to go without some free bubbles for a couple of hours

My Christmas wish is that my renewal pack for next year is a bit smaller and more environmentally friendly, by you removing the bits that good boys (and girls, and everyone) like me don't really need and that end up going in the bin - namely the bag tags and straps.

Yes, I will look on eBay and see if there are any DYKWIA's there who might be interested in these tags. If it has my name and number on it that might mean at some time in future you send me their nice expensive bag they left onboard as a gift, with a brand new Macbook Pro in it (M3 Max, 32GB, 4TB please).

I know you're very busy but hope my wish may be granted for a future year.

Yours Expectantly etc etc

* Yes, must try harder next year.
dakaix and alex67500 like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looks to me as if you're being a DYKWIA by showing us your package.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:30 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I wish I could receive the pack - do not seem to be sent to GGLs in AU
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 8:29 am

Luggage tags are the most important part of the mailing. You put them on your luggage so everyone will know you are a very important passenger!
Old Dec 11, 2023, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Greenpen
Luggage tags are the most important part of the mailing. You put them on your luggage so everyone will know you are a very important passenger!
I'm just not sure why I need 2 x new ones every year!

It's a bit strange - Blue, Bronze, Silver and now Gold don't get anything physical through at all. I think Gold's are the only level that can request physical items now. GGL's get the full shabang by post every year
HIDDY and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:54 pm

Happy to take the "bad boy" pack...
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by Greenpen
In fact, they have once saved my luggage from being lost after the bar code tag accidentally got ripped off.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
Dear BA Santa,

I've been a good boy this year and collected 3,005 tier points* so you've sent me another nice shiny pack in the post.

I always appreciate receiving it but can I ask a little favour for next year please? I don't think of myself as a DYKWIA and am not someone that posts on the will they bring me a glass of champagne in Y thread to moan that they'll have to go without some free bubbles for a couple of hours

My Christmas wish is that my renewal pack for next year is a bit smaller and more environmentally friendly, by you removing the bits that good boys (and girls, and everyone) like me don't really need and that end up going in the bin - namely the bag tags and straps.

Yes, I will look on eBay and see if there are any DYKWIA's there who might be interested in these tags. If it has my name and number on it that might mean at some time in future you send me their nice expensive bag they left onboard as a gift, with a brand new Macbook Pro in it (M3 Max, 32GB, 4TB please).

I know you're very busy but hope my wish may be granted for a future year.

Yours Expectantly etc etc

* Yes, must try harder next year.
First world problems?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by David_Doyle
I'm just not sure why I need 2 x new ones every year!
Because they know the previous ones will have snapped off and disappeared within weeks of you receiving them?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
BAEC luggage tags: practical utility or personal statement?

Gold Card and Bag Tag - Trashy or Terrific?

And I'm sure there is at least another big thread about tags

PS
I use them
SxMan and JapesUK like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 1:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I have a drawer at home which has loads of these tags. As I only use them inside my cases, they don't get broken or snapped. I think I must have been sent 26 of them and at least 18 are unused. But I don't throw them away either. I just keep them and wait for a thread like this to come along so that I can make a comment. I probably should focus on my work.
Horatio, Pack, strowger and 5 others like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 3:35 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Looks to me as if you're being a DYKWIA by showing us your package.

Last time I showed someone my package it did not end well for me.

As always, please define terms, as context is always welcome.
HIDDY, flarmip and Nick_USA like this.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC
I wish humble silvers could get a few luggage tags again. I use mine, not because of DYKWIA, but because I’m too cheap or lazy to buy any others…
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Person who flies 3000 TPs worth of (I assume, business and first class) flights per year concerned about environmental impact of GGL renewal pack.
I am sure you will be taking a leaf out of PwC's policy book from now on!
Old Dec 12, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: SQ*G BA GGL/CCR
I would love them to be Apple AirTag compatible for next year. Now that would be useful for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.