Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does the BA website know how tatty the GF lounge is?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2023, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

I only ask because it's currently telling me that for my flight (Exec Silver) in WTP I can enjoy the follong in the lounge...
Galleries First
Galleries First Lounge is located within the 'South Lounges' complex, follow the sign for 'South Lounge' after going through Security South. A Galleries Club Lounge is also available in T5B, please follow signs to T5B Gates.
Is GF now the level of quality offered to us lowly Silver and WTP flyers? I was Gold last year but that dropped back after the pandemic gift and I've managed to maintain Silver for next year but I guess this is just another of those funky glitches on the website right now. I guess I'll just assume the flight is leaving from T5B and head there instead.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Usual IT gremlins at work. The below showed up on a booking I had in June (WT+, Silver member) suggesting I could access CCR. Despite never being eligible to enter either through status or cabin.

I think there was even a report of someone successfully blagging access to the CCR due to this bug earlier this year?

Old Dec 9, 2023, 5:13 am
Original Poster

Oooh I wish it showed me that - I've not been lucky enough to visit the CCR.

Unless one of you 5,000 point GGL or someone in First on the 2nd Feb wants to guest me in...
Old Dec 9, 2023, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by M_at
I only ask because it's currently telling me that for my flight (Exec Silver) in WTP I can enjoy the follong in the lounge...
Galleries First
Galleries First Lounge is located within the 'South Lounges' complex, follow the sign for 'South Lounge' after going through Security South. A Galleries Club Lounge is also available in T5B, please follow signs to T5B Gates.
Is GF now the level of quality offered to us lowly Silver and WTP flyers? I was Gold last year but that dropped back after the pandemic gift and I've managed to maintain Silver for next year but I guess this is just another of those funky glitches on the website right now. I guess I'll just assume the flight is leaving from T5B and head there instead.
Unless AI has made really big strides, I am not sure that any website knows anything🤔😎
Old Dec 14, 2023, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blenheim
Unless AI has made really big strides, I am not sure that any website knows anything🤔😎
The BA one doubly so.

Currently it provides me with a blank screen having just insist that I add a OTP or similar authentication to my account and provided my with a recovery code. Now it can't even render at all, page is coming back with a totally empty body but fully valid headers and a 200 response code. Ho hum.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by M_at
Galleries First
In contrast, BAEC recently sent me an e-mail "know your benefits with oneworld" wrongly identifying my status as Silver rather than Gold. Yes, I know my benefits, but you are quoting the wrong ones...
Old Dec 16, 2023, 2:52 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
The App recently informed me there was no fast track or Lounge provision at LCA on my recent return flight from TLV, Check in made it clear without prompting that this was indeed available......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.