Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Warm Nuts! (Plus, F is annoyingly good so far)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold

I haven't seen mention of this but after the past furore of their withdrawal, I am happy to say that warm nuts are back.

Plus, the CC looking after me has been fabulous so far (all of 10 minutes in), which goes to show how much a first impression counts. I fear I will have little to complain/get Avios for on this flight. I've already staked my claim on a smoked salmon as well...
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Finally! Looking forward to my short hop across the pond in F in a couple of weeks
JapesUK likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by ratechaser
I haven't seen mention of this but after the past furore of their withdrawal, I am happy to say that warm nuts are back.
Thermal Underwear is included in the F amenity kit?!!
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:58 am

Programs: Mucci - Diamond Hairbrush
And here was me thinking this was the old thread about crew keeping the cabin temperatures too high.
masmadrid, Horatio, Manc94 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Thermal Underwear is included in the F amenity kit?!!
Already getting deja vu from the last thread on this subject
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/ GGL / Avis Preferred/ Hilton Honours Diamond

Plus, the CC looking after me has been fabulous so far (all of 10 minutes in), which goes to show how much a first impression counts. I fear I will have little to complain/get Avios for on this flight. I've already staked my claim on a smoked salmon as well...

Last edited by m8_rotate; Dec 6, 2023 at 6:15 am Reason: deleted
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

Maybe this is one of the rumoured positive enhancements in F?
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:27 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver

Gotta be honest, when they started dishing out 20p packets of nuts in F it was quite an eye rolling moment for me. I'd dread to think how much oxygen was burned coming to that decision, let alone thinking it was a Good Idea.
masmadrid likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
I noticed the warm nuts on the flight from Miami on Monday. This was my second experience of BA First, the first being the outbound a couple of weeks previous. I thought both experiences were exceptional, and a marked step up from Business. I’d read much here of others experience and did have measured expectations. But I have to say I thought First was superb and will find it hard to slum it in Business and WT+ now. I realise two flights is not a meaningful sample, but I wouldn’t hesitate to book first again, price and cash available allowing.
Grande Annee and PETER01 like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by dougzz
I noticed the warm nuts on the flight from Miami on Monday. This was my second experience of BA First, the first being the outbound a couple of weeks previous. I thought both experiences were exceptional, and a marked step up from Business. I’d read much here of others experience and did have measured expectations. But I have to say I thought First was superb and will find it hard to slum it in Business and WT+ now. I realise two flights is not a meaningful sample, but I wouldn’t hesitate to book first again, price and cash available allowing.
Totally understand and agree with your comment about BA's business class. I just flew in it flight 175 from LHR to JFK two days ago. I was so not impressed with the meals. The seat was comfortable. I didn't use the bed function as it was a morning flight. While it was better than AA's business class, it still wasn't great. At least AA does give you warm mixed nuts. BA gave you nuts in some packet which I returned unopened.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can confirm, same nut brand, but warm

becks1 and CaliforniaMom like this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
AA's nuts have some pistachios in them as well as those listed above.

They're not truly posh, or they'd have macadamias too.
UrbanLegend, masmadrid and AJNEDC like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.