Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Arriving LHR with a connection to MAN from N/A CW. Breakfast options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2023, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K

Arriving LHR at 06:30 am from North America in CW. Connection to Manchester flight is at 10:10am
for breakfast and a shower am I best served exiting and using the arrivals lounge and coming back airside for the connecting flight or staying airside and eating what they have in the Galleries T5 lounge which as I recall isn’t as nice
No checked baggage. Just hand luggage
Its a mid-week arrival after Christmas in late Jan

Last edited by aircrashsurvivor; Dec 2, 2023 at 8:54 pm
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by aircrashsurvivor
Arriving LHR at 06:30 am from North America in CW. Connection to Manchester flight is at 10:10am
for breakfast and a shower am I best served exiting and using the arrivals lounge and coming back airside for the connecting flight or staying airside and eating what they have in the Galleries T5 lounge which as I recall isn’t as nice
No checked baggage. Just hand luggage
Its a mid-week arrival after Christmas in late Jan
I usually do the arrivals lounge shower then back airside.

not sure when you were last in galleries lounges at lhr, they do now provide a 'full english' at the breakfast buffet, similar to what is in arrivals.

I typically find it is easier to get a shower in the arrivals lounge .

I would see how rhe connection time looks wheb I get to LHR and decide fron there
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
You're far better off going landside and going to the arrivals lounge. It has a giant bank of showers (about 70 of them) so the wait is usually minimal, and a well stocked breakfast buffet (significantly better than the airside Club lounges). Then go back through security for your MAN flight.

No part of the airport should be very busy in mid-January.
aircrashsurvivor likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.