BA and Turin

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2023, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA and Turin

Hi Guys,

Quick one from the 'day job'

We have a Client of ours looking at Turin as a destination for September/October/November next year and wondering about flights from Heathrow.

I saw BA had launched flights from LHR on 10th December 2023 to Turin. But when we've tried to book for 14th, I am seeing them only available from LGW. Not sure if this is an availability or schedule thing on this date?

In short, I'm wondering if anyone has the scoop on whether the LHR to Turin is seasonal, or going to be all year round? Especially between September and November!

Thanks!
Neil

Last edited by aks120; Dec 1, 2023 at 1:50 pm Reason: Removed advert - FT Rule 10.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 11:44 am

Not really clear why you are asking about 14th December? The LHR flights aren't daily, there isn't one on Thursdays.

Re next year, there aren't any flights in the schedule for winter season yet so you'll probably have to wait and see. For summer seaon, which runs until end October, there are only Gatwick flights.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 12:39 pm

The Heathrow service is served once a week on a Sunday and only for the duration of the ski season currently.
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 1:38 pm

If the client wants to fly from LHR, then the best option is to go to LIN, then head over to Milan Centrale (or Garibaldi) and then take a high speed train from there.

Or depart from LGW.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. Sadly the trains to Milan are around 3hrs.....and we're looking at flying around 800 people over!

I was asking about 14th December for a Site Visit.

We're have the mull this one over, as the venue is almost perfect. But I think it could be unpopular flying 800 people from LGW!
Old Dec 3, 2023, 11:18 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener
Thanks guys. Sadly the trains to Milan are around 3hrs.....and we're looking at flying around 800 people over!

We're have the mull this one over, as the venue is almost perfect. But I think it could be unpopular flying 800 people from LGW!
You should be chaterering (some) aircraft for 800 people, especially if all from one area. Most events that are flying that many people in from one location will do that. Let me see if I can dig out the company that I've flown with in the past.
Old Dec 3, 2023, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks, but sadly because of the type of event it is, the Client won't charter.

Delegates are responsible for their own transport and expenses of the same; so we are selecting the venue on convenience of flights/transport/facilities/etc - as opposed to doing end-to-end transport.

It would make life a LOT easier if we bundled them onto a bunch of chartered A320's or something!
Old Dec 3, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
That's a shame. Well in that case I guess you should probably count Turin out given there's roughly a maximum of 600 seats available direct from LGW on a given day.

Maybe you should just coach them over
Old Dec 3, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Above Wing
The Heathrow service is served once a week on a Sunday and only for the duration of the ski season currently.
Oh, how I would like a service from LHR at least 2/3 times per week and NOT departing at 7am. The present Sunday flight is basically useless for someone connecting...
Old Dec 3, 2023, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Neil Scrivener

Three hours for a train from Milan to Turin? It's 1 hour on the HS line, or 1h50 on the old Regio line.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by 13901
Three hours for a train from Milan to Turin? It's 1 hour on the HS line, or 1h50 on the old Regio line.
But there are no direct trains from Malpensa to Turin, and no trains at all at Linate. If you’re lucky with connections, it can be done in 2 hours, but, in general, I would allow at least 2.5 hours to get from either airport to Turin by train, if not 3 hours.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RatherGhastly
But there are no direct trains from Malpensa to Turin, and no trains at all at Linate. If you’re lucky with connections, it can be done in 2 hours, but, in general, I would allow at least 2.5 hours to get from either airport to Turin by train, if not 3 hours.
From Malpensa, it makes more sense to take a bus than a train. There are reasonably frequent bus services between Malpensa and Turin throughout the day and night. It takes approximately 2 hours.
Kranebitten likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Why on earth are you flying 800 people from the UK to an event in Italy?

Just on sustainability grounds it should be prohibited - ignoring the actual impact the optics are appalling. And in any case there isn't the aircraft capacity to bring that many people over, the costs will go through the roof.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:39 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by RatherGhastly
Linate is now on the Milan Metro rail network (as of 5 months ago). Relatively straightforward to get to Centrale and other Milan stations.
13901 likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Why on earth are you flying 800 people from the UK to an event in Italy?
Because they are the Client and that's what they want. They rotate European cities yearly. Probably closer to 600 from the UK, then others from UAE, China, USA, etc.

Its how events work, and what people do
Coffeemadman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.