Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Collecting Avios at World Duty Free

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2023, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Collecting Avios at World Duty Free

I just saw this announced:

Good news for all Avios collectors!

We're pleased to announce our latest partnership with Avolta (Dufry Group), a leading global travel retailer.

From today, members spending in World Duty-Free shops at London Heathrow can collect Avios on their purchases. Members can also collect when shopping at any Avolta eligible earn stores in Spain. Learn more here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/collecting-avios/shopping/dufry

IAGL CCO Rob McDonaldsaid: "We’re delighted to partner with Avolta’s Red By Dufry, adding another meaningful way for British Airways Executive Club and Iberia Plus members to earn Avios with their everyday spend. Avolta joins a growing network of market-leading global brands that members can collect with."

To start collecting, members should ensure they have signed up to Red by Dufry, World Duty Free’s loyalty programme, and entered their Executive Club details in the Red by Dufry app:https://www.redbydufry.com/en/index.html
Members can earn one Avios per £1* spent at the airport, topped with a 250 bonus Avios on their first purchase. Savvy shoppers can also use their British Airways American Express card to pay for their purchase, collecting even more Avios.
I wonder if we can continue to earn Heathrow Rewards points alongside Avios...?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Red, HH Gold
Worth noting the same company is also in duty free at NCL, I signed up the other week and seem to have collected the bonus avios when I checked my account just now.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by stampcollector
Worth noting the same company is also in duty free at NCL, I signed up the other week and seem to have collected the bonus avios when I checked my account just now.
They are in probably every UK airport that has international flights.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Red, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
They are in probably every UK airport that has international flights.
Indeed, so it would not just be LHR, but all airports that you can collect avios with them now.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:17 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I cannot get the checkout scanners to read the QR code on my membership card (Apple Wallet) in Heathrow Termonal 4. It seems to require a "traditional" barcode (it has no problems reading the bar code on the Heathrow Rewards app).
Old Nov 28, 2023, 3:48 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The T&Cs in the Dufry app limit earning to their Heathrow stores.

The Rewards scheme has various (3) tiers which give discounts based on accumulated spend. Platinum - the top level - gives 10% off items that are not already discounted. Hence a 3-for-£20 sweet offer will not attract the discount.
Paren likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by mikebg
I cannot get the checkout scanners to read the QR code on my membership card (Apple Wallet) in Heathrow Termonal 4. It seems to require a "traditional" barcode (it has no problems reading the bar code on the Heathrow Rewards app).
I occasionally bump into this with Apple Wallet. Next time, try to turn up your screen brightness to max (if it isn't already) before you scan and see if that makes a difference.

LcS
BA or bust likes this.

Last edited by LCSinTexas; Nov 28, 2023 at 7:33 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.