Wiki Posts
Search

BA F routes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2023, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA F routes

I am fairly sure that before Covid there was a list of BA F routes with on here, but it seems to be no more. Is this correct? Is there such a list elsewhere that anyone knows of?
Old Nov 25, 2023, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex etc
Here’s a list from earlier this year:

https://www.turningleftforless.com/n...cheapest_fares
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
You can also see, in the "find our cheapest flights" page on ba.com . Go to the page, select "First Class" in the drop down and click on "find lowest price" and you'll see the available destinations.
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
BA or bust likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2023, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by camdentown
You can also see, in the "find our cheapest flights" page on ba.com . Go to the page, select "First Class" in the drop down and click on "find lowest price" and you'll see the available destinations.
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb
There are some cheeky ones on there with connecting flights and F segments on other carriers, so look carefully..
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 4:50 am

First Class Routes

There must be a thread to track first class routes on BA but I can’t find it, would be grateful for a pointer please.

At present I use the BA cheapest fares page to see the destination list but I don’t think this is necessarily up to date.

The problem I am trying to solve is determining where I can use GUFs to upgrade from J, for example Doha.

The page lists Doha in first class and I can see some flights available for purchase depending on the craft but seems like they don’t show up for exactly the same dates on BAH results
Old Jan 4, 2024, 5:12 am

According to Google flights in the next 6 months.

NA - SEA, SFO, LAX, DFW, IAH, ATL, ORD, CVG, MIA, JFK, IAD, PHL, BOS, EWR

Central - BDA, MEX, BGI

South - SCL

Africa - ABV, LOS, JNB, CPT

ME - DXB, KWI, BAH, RUH, AUH

Central Asia - MLE

Far East - PKX, HKG, PVG, SIN, HND

Australia - SYD
emeraldflyer and UrbanLegend like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Cape Town ends in March, and doesn't re-appear for NW24
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:48 am

This is the link I am using: https://www.britishairways.com/trave.../en_gb?cabin=F

This is the list I compiled from it

AUH ABV ATL AUS BAH BJS BDA BOS BGI CPT ORD CVG DFW DEN DOH DXB GCM HKG IAH JNB KWI LOS LAS LAX MEX MIA NBO BNA NAS MSY NYC MCO PHL PHX RUH SAN SFO SCL SEA PVG SIN SYD TPA HND YYZ YVR WAS

The problem I have is that not all craft going to these routes have a first class cabin so this list is theoretical only - I use ita matrix first to confirm if the cabin exists and then EF to see if agrees

To illustrate my problem - if you try and book a BAH holiday through Doha and use First Class, I get no results - If I use flight finder for the same dates, it finds the flight with first class.
I was wondering if it was even possible to find a first leg in first class for any route but I was able to for flights to INC so it is possible.

I'll have to ring up and book, seems like there is no surefire way online.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by emeraldflyer
This is the link I am using: https://www.britishairways.com/trave.../en_gb?cabin=F

This is the list I compiled from it

AUH ABV ATL AUS BAH BJS BDA BOS BGI CPT ORD CVG DFW DEN DOH DXB GCM HKG IAH JNB KWI LOS LAS LAX MEX MIA NBO BNA NAS MSY NYC MCO PHL PHX RUH SAN SFO SCL SEA PVG SIN SYD TPA HND YYZ YVR WAS

The problem I have is that not all craft going to these routes have a first class cabin so this list is theoretical only - I use ita matrix first to confirm if the cabin exists and then EF to see if agrees

To illustrate my problem - if you try and book a BAH holiday through Doha and use First Class, I get no results - If I use flight finder for the same dates, it finds the flight with first class.
I was wondering if it was even possible to find a first leg in first class for any route but I was able to for flights to INC so it is possible.

I'll have to ring up and book, seems like there is no surefire way online.
I think the thing is that BA offer First fares to some destinations with indirect routing. That is First over the Atlantic for example and then a connecting flight on AA to the destination.
I've noticed this seems to happen on routes where there is direct First on some flights but not on all flights each day. Also on routes where there is First only seasonally, or perhaps
historically.
BAH holidays are worth calling in these circumstances, they see a longer list of available flights than you do online. Also with the double TP offer, you get double points for the First leg and for the connecting flight .
emeraldflyer likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by escape2sun
Cape Town ends in March, and doesn't re-appear for NW24
Annoying as they currently have the B77W scheduled (alongside the A35K) with an F cabin, but it just isn’t on sale!
I wonder if they’ll release F seats for sale once the schedule has been fully determined as they messed around with which flight had the B77W and which had the A35K earlier this year which caused a few changes for people!

Pilot37
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by camdentown
I think the thing is that BA offer First fares to some destinations with indirect routing. That is First over the Atlantic for example and then a connecting flight on AA to the destination.
I've noticed this seems to happen on routes where there is direct First on some flights but not on all flights each day. Also on routes where there is First only seasonally, or perhaps
historically.
BAH holidays are worth calling in these circumstances, they see a longer list of available flights than you do online. Also with the double TP offer, you get double points for the First leg and for the connecting flight .
Thanks for your help, yes will have to call them up - I did confirm with them that double TPs for connecting flights must be codeshares with BA prefix, but even if not you would still get the standard points so not all bad.

For example going to Indonesia via Hong Kong - no codeshare so I would get double TPs for the HKG flight but single TPs for the CX flight.
camdentown likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Should we see more F routes, as new aircraft arrive? I notice there is nothing to India. Expect it won't be at the top of BA's list, but would love to see.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Ambassador; IHG Diamond;
Originally Posted by Dan72
Should we see more F routes, as new aircraft arrive? I notice there is nothing to India. Expect it won't be at the top of BA's list, but would love to see.
I would hope so. In the pre-747 retirement days BOM/DEL used to have very good F demand, and even BLR had full F cabins for quite a while.
However, a good number of the planned new additions to the fleet will be without F and others with much smaller F cabins - as a result, I think we can say with confidence that the heyday of BA F is now behind us.
Dan72 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:00 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just curious, was any Brazil destinations served by F equipped aircraft? I was looking at using my GUF but seems only destination in SA which has F is from SCL. Any chance of this situation changing?

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.