Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Amex [BA Premium Plus Card] Offer: Unlock up to 200 Tier Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2023, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aks120
https://mediacentre.britishairways.c...efits?ref=News

For the first time ever, British Airways Executive Club Members can earn Tier Points outside of flying, by spending on the British Airways American Express® Premium Plus Card, thanks to a new, limited-time offer.

Running until 21 May 2024, this offer gives applicable Cardmembers the opportunity to earn an extra 200 Tier Points in the coming months by simply spending on their Card. Tier Points help travellers to earn airline status, which is associated with travel perks such as lounge access, fast-track security, extra luggage allowances and priority boarding.

Until today, Tier Points could only be earned by flying with British Airways, its subsidiaries and its oneworld® airline partners. This offer marks the first time that Tier Points can be earned outside of flying.

British Airways American Express Premium Plus Cardmembers will be eligible to earn up to 200 Tier Points as follows:
  • 100 Tier Points if the Cardmember spends £15,000
  • A further 50 additional Tier Points will be awarded if they spend a further £5,000 (totalling £20,000)
  • A final 50 Tier Points will be awarded if they spend another £5,000 (totalling £25,000)
Cardmembers must enrol for the offer (enrolment closes on 20 May 2024) in their online account. The spending must take place after a Cardmember’s enrolment, and by 21 May 2024, the date the offer expires, to be eligible.

These Tier Points will be added to Tier Points that travellers have already earned, or will earn, from flying, to help them reach British Airways Bronze, Silver or Gold status. Each tier status comes with valuable travel benefits.
Full Terms and Conditions apply.

Offer construct:
- On hitting the required spend, Tier Points will be transferred over to the Cardmember’s BA Executive Club Account at the same time as Avios are transferred over each month, which is 6 days prior to their statement date. For example, a Cardmember who hits the £15,000 spend threshold on 1 January, and has a statement date of 10 January, would see 100 Tier Points transferred to their BA Executive Club account on 4 January (6 days before their statement on 10 January).
- If they then hit the next requirement of £20,000 (so £5,000 additional spend, on top of their initial £15,000) on 20 January, they would receive a further 50 Tier Points on 4 February (6 days before their next statement on 10 February).
- If they then hit the next requirement of £25,000 (so £5,000 additional spend, on top of their £20,000) on 18 May, they would receive a further 50 Tier Points on 4 June (6 days before their statement on 10 June).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond

Anyone seen an email from Amex Offers?

Unlock up to 200 Tier Points for the very first time with this exclusive limited‑time Offer.

You can now make your everyday purchases count towards unlocking up to 200 Tier Points whenever you spend on your Card within the Offer period. The more Tier Points you earn, the more benefits you could enjoy as you move through the Tiers with the British Airways Executive Club.

100 TPs when you spend £15,000
150 TPs when you spend £20,000
200 TPs when you spend £25,000

Offer ends 21 May 2024
Brighterside and alex67500 like this.

Last edited by Prospero; Nov 21, 2023 at 3:16 pm Reason: Fixed color problem in "dark mode"
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
Up to 200 Tier Points for spend on the BAPP up to 21 May 2024. Can't really see it being worthwhile spending extra just to get these TPs (they would be very expensive to 'buy'), it's more a question of perhaps directing spend at the BAPP rather than Amex Gold for me.

Sounds like this is the start of revenue based TPs though

Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Yes, I got the email a few minutes ago. Looks like
£10k =100TP
£20k= 150TP
£25k = 200TP

I can't actually sign up, the servers can't cope with demand...
Brighterside likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:53 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by billinghamn

Anyone seen an email from Amex Offers?

Unlock up to 200 Tier Points for the very first time with this exclusive
limited‑time Offer.

Yep. Just got it - of no use to me at all as I sit as a gold on 20TP for the year with my Year end coming up in March. Might be useful to some if we see this come up more often.
GeorgeGheal1 likes this.
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes

Programs: BAEC: Silver
Interesting! When I try and enrol it is saying page unavailable...
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by JD1905
Yep. Just got it - of no use to me at all as I sit as a gold on 20TP for the year with my Year end coming up in March. Might be useful to some if we see this come up more often.
With the promotion running until May, I assume your tier points won’t arrive until next collection year anyway?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:58 am

Programs: GGL
I assume the TPs are in addition to the Avios earned on the same spend?
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:58 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JD1905
It all counts for lifetime TPs
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:59 am
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by lgladdy
With the promotion running until May, I assume your tier points won’t arrive until next collection year anyway?
Nope, they are added monthly same as Avios.

I’ll enrol anyway, no harm in doing so. Guess it’s more towards GFL if one day I want to do that.

I can’t really think that this is a bad thing at all? Apart from maybe more people managing to get status and possibly busier lounges? (Although would 200tp really make a difference)
Old Nov 21, 2023, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by linz36
Yes, I got the email a few minutes ago. Looks like
£10k =100TP
£20k= 150TP
£25k = 200TP

I can't actually sign up, the servers can't cope with demand...
Nor me. But a whole 200 TP for £25K. wow. Not sure how I'll cope!
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC
Now I have the dilemma of whether to push spend through the BAPP to trigger this, or to avoid pushing spend through the BAPP since I’d like my companion voucher as close as possible to my Aug year end, and I’m only £4K away from it…
Bluekjp likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
This is a hugely significant development. The first time BA has let anyone earn TPs for anything other than cash for flying (or flying plus holidays).

I do wonder if this is going to doom us to a future where the lounges, boarding gates etc are not full of frequent flyers but everyone who is smart enough to pay for their car lease,, mortgage, utility bills and childcare on their Amex card.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
That is a very interesting development- BA dipping their toes into revenue/spend based TPs/status earning....
Will make the £25k easily so it is just a bonus really for me.
AnaTravel likes this.

Last edited by crazy8534; Nov 21, 2023 at 2:18 am
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dgreen678
Interesting! When I try and enrol it is saying page unavailable...
It took me a few clicks for it to register. Make sure you are signed into your Amex account before clicking the link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.