Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways Flying Club - BAEC name change?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC

I received a BA ‘how do you feel about us’ questionnaire today. After the obligatory opportunity to moan about the IT, it clearly was exploring my opinion regarding a name change of BAEC to the BA Flying Club, I presume because of the increase in leisure travel.

What do I think? Naff and unnecessary, and there are bigger things to worry about. Like the app. I suppose the marketing department will demonstrate significant value-add, but I still like the name ‘Executive Club’…it’s aspirational!
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:50 am

I had similar email around 18 months ago about the Club World / Club Europe brand and what my thoughts were regarding a rebrand to something more appropriate. Suffice to say that email went straight to trash based on the fact nothing ever comes of my responses.... so why bother.
RJD1983 and SteveF like this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:58 am

Burton Albion Football Club?
RJD1983 and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I hope they don't do this (and I doubt they will), the Executive Club is part of BA's identity. It was so sad seeing Cathay Pacific rebrand and drop the Marco Polo Club, because similarly that was a part of their identity and inspired a sense of exploration and intrigue, which has now been lost to become the very boring and uninspiring "Cathay membership". "Flying Club" is an equally uninspired and unimaginative name.
RJD1983 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:20 am

Unimaginative but understandable. What with executive, traveller, gallery and club you need an app to tell you what’s what with BA.
RJD1983, the810, Fabo.sk and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:21 am

Does someone need to tell them that the Flying Club name is already taken
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:21 am

BA Flying Club? It sounds like a gimmicky gift pack they hand out to kids with a colouring book and aeroplane stickers.
RJD1983, the810, crazy8534 and 6 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

A name change isn't something I'd lose sleep over to be honest.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:02 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by CXYYZ
Does someone need to tell them that the Flying Club name is already taken
And here's another example of a previous
British Airways Flying Club of a different kind.

They could go with Flight Club, but then the first rule of Flight Club would mean this forum would be hard to sustain...

I do hope BA don't Bonvoy themselves. The switch to 'Avios' was odd enough.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by JAXBA
I do hope BA don't Bonvoy themselves.
Bonvoy is so strange -- the most charitable interpretation is, it's a corruption of bon voyage (which a farewell, not a welcome greeting), but to me it sounds like a line of children's attire or a candy bar.

Hoping we can one day revert to self-explanatory terms like "program," "miles," and "points." Spellcheck programs still think "Avios" is a typo.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Elite
Looks like the BA Interns have been let loose again.

Could someone please shout 'fix the things that are wrong rather than try to hide them behind another marketing rebrand' ..... rant over
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
People get used to names very quickly. As a former product manager I learned not to worry too much about it: everything you propose ends up hated, liked, or treated with indifference in roughly equal measures, generates a lot of arguments, and then these are completely forgotten a couple of months after launch.

BA Flying Club sounds a bit too much like Virgin for me. How about "Flying Circus"?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:46 am

Grand. Will they be offering flying lessons?
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I have just completed the survey and given them both barrels.
BA or bust and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 11:57 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by bisonrav
People get used to names very quickly. As a former product manager I learned not to worry too much about it: everything you propose ends up hated, liked, or treated with indifference in roughly equal measures, generates a lot of arguments, and then these are completely forgotten a couple of months after launch.

BA Flying Club sounds a bit too much like Virgin for me. How about "Flying Circus"?
I still prefer a Marathon chocolate bar and I doubt you could change a Yorkie to a Lancastrian ( even though that would be a step up)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.