Wiki Posts
Search

making changes on return

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2023, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP.
making changes on return

hi I have an old covid credit (my first flight was cancelled) then the second flight I couldn't take because of covid entry rules then finally booked a flight that I was able to use recently (im here in europe now and flew half of the itinerary ) but I wanted to make a change on my return to start from a new city (MAD or CDG) and the lady working at CS started telling me that I've made too many changes and the system will not allow me to make any more changes and my only choice option was to call back in 3 days to see if ticketing will allow another change. It's strange because the rules allow for changes and the first two were because of Covid. This wasn't exactly a cheap ticket either so not sure whats going on. Do I wait the 3 days or just HUCA?

She also said Madrid was too far from Amsterdam so not possible but CDG might be . Whatever that means.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Amil
hi I have an old covid credit (my first flight was cancelled) then the second flight I couldn't take because of covid entry rules then finally booked a flight that I was able to use recently (im here in europe now and flew half of the itinerary ) but I wanted to make a change on my return to start from a new city (MAD or CDG) and the lady working at CS started telling me that I've made too many changes and the system will not allow me to make any more changes and my only choice option was to call back in 3 days to see if ticketing will allow another change. It's strange because the rules allow for changes and the first two were because of Covid. This wasn't exactly a cheap ticket either so not sure whats going on. Do I wait the 3 days or just HUCA?

She also said Madrid was too far from Amsterdam so not possible but CDG might be . Whatever that means.
Without details on the itinerary it's very hard to comment on any of this.
The point about the distance between airports sounds a lot like the 300mi radius within which you're allowed to change the departure/arrival airport after a cancellation.
CDG-AMS is within that, CDG-MAD isn't.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by Chiller3333
Without details on the itinerary it's very hard to comment on any of this.
The point about the distance between airports sounds a lot like the 300mi radius within which you're allowed to change the departure/arrival airport after a cancellation.
CDG-AMS is within that, CDG-MAD isn't.
Right and im trying to make a change from a flight that isnt cancelled. hmm what details do you need?

AMS-LHR is in J and LHR-LAX is in I it was booked through AMEX Platinum Travel originally from what I was told my ticket allows changes subject to fare difference but I was also told the return is based on historical pricing as well.
Old Oct 11, 2023, 1:22 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Amil
…CS started telling me that I've made too many changes and the system will not allow me to make any more changes and my only choice option was to call back in 3 days to see if ticketing will allow another change. It's strange because the rules allow for changes and the first two were because of Covid…
This sounds like it may just be a limitation of the automated method used to reprice exchanges; after a few exchanges, or when there's been an involuntary reissue along the way, the system can't work it out, and the agent has to pass it to another team to try and quote, which takes longer.
Amil and Anonba like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.